Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

More and more sweet rides are coming along for the ride. Zen that lil 4 door would have made T.J. Hooker or Hunter more bad azz than they were . Hacked that list of goodies will make that Legacy rock. 64SS that Pantera is gonna be sweet . i need to find one for my stash. take care y'all and keep building and i will hopefully have some progress on my Monte. Michael

well i got some more work done on the cuda, i just didnt like the wheel wells so i cut them out and tubbed it with some sheet styrene

101_1641.jpg

i also cut out the fuel tank and used some styrene to cover the tank hole and the holes from the exhuast being removed

101_1638.jpg

im going to have to extend the tunnel now that the seat is cut out

101_1640.jpg

and i removed the seat even though it didnt need to be, im going to use some styrene to cover it all up and make it look clean.

101_1648.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

Pretty sure I have the entry list all straightened out. If not Please let me know.

Nick

I'm doing the Audi R8

E76B58F3-0A9A-4528-A995-855F32F0C529-116

The chassis waiting for it to dry

452723FB-DA0B-4B82-92EB-1821E86B1E4F-477

The engine coming together

5F10B2E7-4663-4685-AE8E-A695D2DB4312-477

The interior with green inserts

BA320F4A-220D-4F8F-A46E-90765DA92EB0-106

The body painted flat black with 2 coats of dull coat clear

7CD0A844-4D9A-428C-9722-584590E1A451-106

The body with a mist coat of flat black

After entering the 4th edition with green 81 Mustang and entering the 5th with a 61 Falcon but never got around to build it i'm entering this years with a 93 Ford Ranger with a 5.0L Ford cammer motor straight out of the Wallace Engineering skunkworks, it will be less working ute more prototypey and should be able to run for at least 24 hours ;)

Edited by KurtisEBear

Well my first entry will have some Mopar in it. I remember seeing a post that we can enter 2 cars so if this one goes well and I have the time I'll build a full blood Mopar. I got an old GTX one of my first builds that's kinda well fallen apart. Built back before I had any real knowledge so if I have enough time than I will rebuild it, better, stronger, faster. B)

Your post actually reminded me that I haven't officially entered yet. I've been here everyday to post my entry but end up browsing the under glass section and forgetting lol. So here is my entry this year, it's a '32 Ford (cause I couldn't find a Dodge) Sedan. My plans are to chop the top, lower it, and extend the frame allowing for 2 426 Hemi's. I got a few more ideas but I'll keep them to myself for now, all road legal for course.

DSC02316_zps856abd68.jpg

Story behind it, not really much just a guy who had a wild idea. I don't plan on taking first with it. I'm just gonna go out and have a good time with it and give it everything I got. Throwing reality (for the most part) out the door, it will be road legal just not really practical for a fast cross country marathon.

Then again I wonder if I could get a voodoo witch doctor to give it supernatural powers to absorb the gas from cars around it, I might stand a chance that way. :D

That's my first and primary entry if I have enough time I'd like to try and rebuild my 67 gtx. Plans for this is complete rebuild, color change and I got this viper engine sitting around so I'll see about stuffing it in.

DSC02318_zpscf7b079a.jpg

It's great to see so many entries this year hopefully we'll have alot of cars at the end, goodluck everyone. May the luck of the Seven Pillars of Gulu be with you at all times.

Edited by TFchronos