Model Cars Magazine Forum

we had the C cabs at roadway in the early 80's

HI, We had both box trucks and s/a tractors of the ford C cabs when I worked at Roadway Express in the early 1980's. The box trucks were c600 and the s/a tractors were C900. Needless to say the tractors were a bear to drive bob-tail since they are VERY nose heavy. I know I just about wrecked one on a rainy day driving the truck back from a repair shop. The s/a has manual trans with 2 speed rears. The shift linkage was a real joke once they got worn. The gear shift would boudce off the dash before you could shift into the upper gears. I know roadway went to 3208T cats in the newer C's they got from ford. Steve

HI, We had both box trucks and s/a tractors of the ford C cabs when I worked at Roadway Express in the early 1980's. The box trucks were c600 and the s/a tractors were C900. Needless to say the tractors were a bear to drive bob-tail since they are VERY nose heavy. I know I just about wrecked one on a rainy day driving the truck back from a repair shop. The s/a has manual trans with 2 speed rears. The shift linkage was a real joke once they got worn. The gear shift would boudce off the dash before you could shift into the upper gears. I know roadway went to 3208T cats in the newer C's they got from ford. Steve

I just recently mastered the parts to turn the Cat 3208 from the AMT L series kits into a 3208T in hopes of building a Roadway C tractor. I heard they were considered to be C8000's though?