Model Cars Magazine Forum

One Kit, One Island!

That's a full size dinghy that an artist attached to steel tubing sprues to make a life-size "kit".

-MJS

mamas_buy_pictures035-vi.jpg

Interesting picture. You did get us with it. I thought it was a kit on sprue sitting on my patio table!

Moses had a Mini that he drove across the sea!

My kit of choice wouldn't even be a car.

I'd like to have a stack of the forth coming HK B-17 models in 1/32. They are only $287 per kit, but it would be fun to build them in all the various squadron markings and colors.

Years ago, I built the MPC Me-109 in 1/24....that one would have to be my second choice.

The Gundam kit would be a good candidate (my sons are heavily into them and I have built one so I am familiar with them), but I think I would go with... AMT's original '57 Chevy kit. There's a lot of building options in that box AND a tube of putty- even a sheet of self-adhesive upholstery material for seat inserts! There are several runner-ups, too- Revell's Deuce sedan, Ertl's original '68 Road Runner, MPC's '32 Ford "Switcher" sedan/vicky, et al.

I'd probably go with the Revell/Monogram 1970 Mach I / Boss 302 kit.................No wait..................the AMT '49..............yeah, yeah, that's it................No wait........... the Revell '32 coupe.............. :wacko:......I can't do it !!!!!!!! No way !!!!!!

Here's a game I'll revive from another board on another planet, a long time ago!

You are going to a desert island and can only have one kit. You can have cases of them to build any way you like, and you'll have all the supplies, tools etc. you'll need.

What kit would you bring that you'd be content to build over and over... and why?

Me? Mine would be the AMT '53 Ford pickup. I just love that kit and would be happy to build a bunch of different light commercial variations, drag trucks, rods and customs! There's enough in that kit to keep me happy for a long time.

Okay, your turn!

Did someone say model? This is my choice! :D

ChristyTurlington_big.jpg