Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 chevy pro mod w.i.p (updates 11/11/12)

tyrone

Oh Tyrone!!! that engine looks great in this new chassis. Really sorry to hear about your mustang, glad you were able to save the engine and use for this project. I sure looks at home in between those rails. I love the look with the body on and the blower sticking out. This is one sweet build

Thanks Greg and Kane I appreciate it...

Kane the rear slicks come with the pro magnums from pegasus...

I got the bars added to the front of the car to mount the struts I'll do the lower ones and add the mounts next.. I've also been adding thin strips of styrene to the doors to fill in any gaps from cutting out the doors, thanks for looking in fellas...

010-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

002-4.jpg

008-1.jpg

Shimming your door lines with strip is really going to make that body stand out when she's all painted up, Tyrone. That is just one killer build you've got going there! Your firewall turned out really nice and the motor is only icing on the cake at this point. Too bad about the Mustang (since I'm a Ford guy at heart), but it looks right at home in there...

thanks fellas for all the comments..

Rom.. thanks man I really appreciate it..

Scott thanks..... I need to place and order with you check your pm...

Leonard... thanks I know this is going to sound crazy.. but I've found that the regular old testors glue works for me... I've got the Tenax 7 and the pro weld I think it is... I started this build out using the pro weld, and tenax 7 and it dropped a few times. and everything busted apart... I know some swear by it.. but I did not have good results, I find with the testor's glue when it cures that I dont have any problems with it breaking apart... call me old fashioned... but I like the testors glue better...

Richard... thanks alot bro..

Mike... thanks...looking fowrard to following the Willy's w.i.p

Thanks Ted.. I didn't do a w.i.p thread on here.. but the complete build is in my photobucket...