Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Impala Lowrider Project Updete # 3

Luis Ayala

Here's an update of the Impala project. Have been very busy at work so this one will take some time to finish.

I have prep much of the body parts for primer. Since I opened the doors, I sectioned the interior pannels to work easier later.

C00027.jpg

Seats have been assembled and are ready for primer.

C00028.jpg

The engine is also ready to prime.

I had to remove a couple of molded parts, like the upper water hose, distribuitor, starter & oil filter. Those parts needed a little more attention to detail so I removed them to put new ones later.

C00031.jpg

I love "Pro Weld" glue, it works so nice that the joint betwen the two parts of the engine just needed a little bit of sanding work and it was gone!!!

C00029.jpg

C00030.jpg

I decided to open the glove compartment to put in some stuff. It's taking some time but I am very happy with the results so far. Hopefully it will get some primer very soon.

Hope you like it so far

C00032.jpg

C00033.jpg

C00035.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your comments!!!!!

Rims arrived and are ready to install. Finally I received everything I needed to finish this one. I'll spend some time with it tommorrow to see if I can get the interios painted and the body with a couple of primer coats.

I decided to install a set of "Hopping Hydros" two tone rims.

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

Here are some of the extras for this one, Hope to post more pics soo..n.

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

Hope you like it... :wink:

Hey............Marcos, leave my brother Papin67 alone. He can not go to NNL Maryland, without a special permission from The Federation Model Builders of Puerto Rico. And if he earns it. Which he has not...ja,ja,ja,ja,ja,ja,ja,.......Barbo
Hey, if that's the case all you have to do is jump in the plane with him, I told you I have enough space in my house for you and anybody else who wants to come along :wink: Make your plans either for our NNL in Maryland or the upcoming one in Parssippany in March......

Hi...Marcos.....Thanks, for your hospitality. I had a great time at Maryland, you guys are terrific with guests. I was just fooling about Papin67. He knows we appreciate his effort for the hobby in Puerto Rico...We can let him go , he has permission,ja,ja,ja,ja, see you at Parsippany..............Barbo.

Thanks, Marcos/Bill for your hospitality!!!!!!!!!!!

If all goes well I will let you know... :wink:

Here is a litle update on what's going on with the 63 Impala.

I have all parts prep for primer but haven't got a chance to do it lately.

While the painting is on hold, I decided to make and cut all the upholestry patterns.

First I used Tamiya tape to lay them out and cut. After that I carefully removed the tape and placed over card stock paper to reshape, trace & cut.

DSC000B63.jpg

I use card stock instead of transfering the tape directly to the decal paper because it's easy to trace & correct without messing up the decals.

Now that all the patterns are ready I can paint and start working on the interiors.

DSC000B64.jpg

DSC000B65.jpg

DSC000B66.jpg

:wink:

• 1 month later...

OK, time for another small update on this project.

I have been very busy at work and too many things left to do at home ...

The interiors have been painted and laid down a couple of cow skin decals.

The engine is painted and clearcoted but soon I will post some pics of the engine assembly.

Hope you like it and thanks for looking...

00147.jpg

00148.jpg

00149.jpg

00150.jpg

00151.jpg

• 3 months later...

Here are a couple of pics of the Impala progress.

I was working in the background with this one while clearing old projects from the shelf, so now is time to speed it up a little.

I decided to use black instead of green carpet just to tone it down a little.

Hope you like it and thanks for looking.

IMDSC00527.jpg

IMDSC00528.jpg

IMDSC00529.jpg

IMDSC00530.jpg

IMDSC00531.jpg

IMDSC00532.jpg