Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Hudson Wagon

I like the woody idea, but something about the way they did the roof just isn't sitting well with me. Not sure if it's the sharp angle of the rear window or the shape of the rear side windows... :unsure:

Still might get one though- I keep picturing it as another phantom... a sedan delivery. :D

I like the woody idea, but something about the way they did the roof just isn't sitting well with me. Not sure if it's the sharp angle of the rear window or the shape of the rear side windows...

It looks like a '53/'54 Chevy roof was added to make it a wagon, bu the rear roof area doesn't flow with the rest of the car's lines nor have a matching taper. That rear quarter window divider is in a very odd place, too.

It looks like a '53/'54 Chevy roof was added to make it a wagon, bu the rear roof area doesn't flow with the rest of the car's lines nor have a matching taper. That rear quarter window divider is in a very odd place, too.

I would rather say the '53 Hudson was sliced and extended to make a Wagon.

Jimmy Flintstone makes a '53 Hornet Wagon.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item58906d8446

I have looked everywhere and could find a single indication for such a car. JF is also known for fantasy cars. Is this one of his latest phantoms?

Hudson never produced a station wagon in any form in their entire history. There were a few Hudson woodies in the years prior to WW-II, but they were all done outside the factory, not truly a listed body style from Hudson.

Art