Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 camaro pro-mod wip

Really awesome, Steve. It's interesting that you put the 90 degree AN fittings in before the hose. Do you find it easier to make the connections this way instead of having both ends of the hose fitted with AN fittings to start with?

Thanks Ted. My right arm suffered an injury a couple of years ago and it has never been the same, so for this project, I did find it easier to attach the hose and ends to the part first. Although, the oil pump has already been installed, but I still have to get more AN fittings.

I will be after a set of tires for this, maybe next week I will order them once I have decided on the rears.

steve

I now have the headers painted and weathered, and have just started doing the rear brake calipers. I need some more hardware to bolt the engine in place before installing the headers, and I still have to attach AN fitting to the oil pump to. Pics show the headers mocked up and with the body in place. Also got the front discs painted to match the rear discs.

dscf4690s.jpg
dscf4691h.jpg
dscf4693i.jpg
dscf4694g.jpg
dscf4696e.jpg
dscf4697t.jpg
steve

Cheers guys.

here are pics of the rear end with the hubs, discs, calipers and lines. the calipers were made from chemiwood, and detailed with various parts. just need to get some more hardware to bolt it on to the chassis, along with the studs. next up, the front calipers.

dscf4698h.jpg
dscf4699n.jpg
dscf4702gl.jpg
dscf4703n.jpg
dscf4704x.jpg

Thank you all for the kind words.

Chemiwood is the same as Renshape Ted. It does come in various densities and I carve, shape or machine the material depending on what I am creating. Harder density is better for machining. The rear calipers are made from this grade, but the fronts are made from less dense chemiwood, hence the texture.

I made the steering wheel today, using the same method as John (Teresi) did for his Pro mod Daytona, (If you haven't seen this superb model, check it out) . It is just placed in at the moment, until I have completed the dash panel. As you can I have started on it, with a rev limit light done, and a rev limit guage to machine up. The instruments facias are from Slicks.

dscf4720u.jpg
dscf4721m.jpg
dscf4722kq.jpg
dscf4723z.jpg
stay tuned
steve

Steve......I am really enjoying this build.........you are doing a FANTASTIC job :) ..........thank you for the plug about my steering wheel........but, actually it is a MR. Clay Kemp`s method.........his work is a big inspiration to me.........I am just glad he shares his work with us...........can`t wait to see your next up-date :)

Thanks John, thats what keeps this great hobby going, and we all continue learning new methods.

The engine is now bolted in place, with the headers, and scratch built drive shaft. The back axle is also bolted in place along with the wheelie bar.

Next up is to finish the oil and fuel tanks.

dscf4742x.jpg
dscf4744c.jpg
dscf4745yi.jpg
dscf4746d.jpg
dscf4747c.jpg
dscf4748l.jpg
dscf4749b.jpg
Stay tuned for more.
Steve
Edited by doomcrew

Thanks Bill.

Not much of an update, but the tanks are now in, the headers have been finished off and I have re-done the wheelie bar as I wasn't happy with it. I have reduced the angle and shortened it. Just waiting for the wheels and tires, but I have started redoing the tubs out of sheet ally.

dscf4752u.jpg
dscf4753i.jpg
dscf4754n.jpg
dscf4755z.jpg
dscf4756zo.jpg
dscf4759o.jpg
Steve