Model Cars Magazine Forum

(WIP) 68 Vette PM Body...update 1.11.13

hOLMS

Am really impressed by this build Jeff, really like the way the body is shaping up, from the wheelwell work to th side skirts to the front airdam, it all looks great. (if you have any plans on making any resin copies, let me know, wouldn't mind having one!)

Hey all, not a lot of progress last 2 days, but some...couple things done that were a must. Some areas have been smoothed over, like the rear bumper mounts and the side vents filled and smoothed. Also, added plastic to area where I added front extension and smoothed over. Threw some putty on it and will smooth over some more. Next is to finish fenderwells, make some cool bumpers and make small details for frt air dam and side skirting. Thanks for looking.

Tyrone, Raul and Richard...thanks for the comments.

John, thanks man...means a lot coming from the true master!!

000_0114.jpg

000_0111.jpg

000_0110.jpg

000_0112.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys, glad your enjoying this process. I've been slinging a little more putty and smoothing over some plastic, I really enjoy doing this kinda stuff. Thanks for looking.

More frt bumper work and hood start...

000_0159.jpg

000_0162.jpg

More body smoothing, almost becoming slick, good bit more to go...

000_0169.jpg

Frt bumper smoothing, little bit more shaping and smoothing to go, shouldn't take a lot more to finish this. Then I will make the rears.

000_0167.jpg

Thanks for looking guys, few more update pix of progress...moving right along, this is fun! New primer coat not too far away. I was planning on getting back to the Chevelle after finishing this body...I need to check the fit between this body and my brass chassis I built for the 2001 vette, may steel for this one if I think it will work? We'll see, included a pic of that chassis also.

Started front inner wheelwell lips for flaring and trimming...used .020" thk, .125" wide strip

000_0170.jpg

Inner frt lips smoothed and flared

000_0176.jpg

Roughed in new "A" pillar...cut and formed from .030" thk sheet

000_0174.jpg

Mini-collection of build stages...

68v82111b4aft.jpg

Possible chassis for this one??

000_0179.jpg

jeff, your work on this has created a body that, at least in my opinion, has tremendous "presence". the front shot, front quarter shot, and side shot are extraordinary. again, just my opinion. hope you continue down the same path to the finish.

ok. while i wrote this you posted some new stuff. just awesome work!

Edited by comp1839