Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Yer Drag Racers!

SuperStockAndy

5 hours ago, gasser59 said:

Man there are some really great builds here. Kudos to all. 

Brett - Id like to know what you're selling in the concession stand because some of your patrons look like they've been having a really good time.

just the smell of nitro and burning rubber :)

Bob Ford is now Fairlane Ford.... I live 2 blocks away from there in Dearborn.. I bought my last new car from there in '05.. It's a GT torch red droptop with the 5-speed...

By the way.... I love that Galaxie!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2018 at 3:01 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Pretty wild car.What color is that?I can't really tell by the photograph.

Hi, sorry i didn't reply earlier. this color is from Createx. this paint change from blue to light purple...... and yes the picture doesn't help.

heres a few of mine...the Dutchman was one of my grails...so was the bounty hunter-polar lights kit n aftermarket decals...dragster was my first real venture into scratchbuilding-while not on the same level as many builds here it caused me to stretch my abilities...working steering wheel-using gears from a watch n ho scale slot cars, frame from aluminum tubing n styrene, injector scoops from an old vcr, metal body, homemade decals..the thing in the background is a stretched deora-working gullwing doors, slant 12

dutch.jpg

bounty.jpg

twin.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a 1/32  '55 Chevy I threw together for a slump buster.  I found the slicks, front axle, and blower in the scrap box.  The headers, hairpins, ladder bars, injectors, Moon fuel tank, and driveshaft loops are scratchbuilt.  I think I may need to put it back on the table and lower that front end a little.

Backyard Bowtie 025.jpg

Backyard Bowtie 030.jpg

Edited by TarheelRick