Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Impala Super Stocker. -Finished-

W-409

Thanks for the great comments. :D

Steven: I use Flocking which I bought from local model car show maybe few years ago. I really don't remember the manufacturer, but I think the bag looks like this:http://www.modelcargarage.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=70 . It's really easy to use, just put enough material over wet paint, and when it dries, knock all spare flocking away and you're done.

I'm planning of starting the interior tomorrow.

Thanks A Lot Bernard, Doctor and Matti! I got to say those wheels and tires turned out very good. Have to thank Revell, who made excellent kit of this car. :P

And sorry for the delay on this. I have been really busy in school, and the time I've had, we have been in Garage building the 1:1 Chevelle. Yesterday I managed to get something done, though. Started the seat belts, installed them to the Roll Bar. I'm very glad to see Revell Made a Roll Bar with cross member where the seat belts can be installed. I'm still planning if I have to make one Roll Bar on the side of that bench seat, then it would be NHRA correct, but since it's '60s style Super Stocker, I'm still not sure about it. We'll see...

The Seat is just Mocked Up.

DSCN03111.jpg

Edited by W-409

Thanks for the positive comments guys! They really keep me going. :P

I had to put this one as a Back Burner for now, since I'm finishing The '53 Hudson Hornet for Model Car Show on January 26th. The Hudson can be seen in CBP section (The Hornet's Nest: Hudson Hornet Build Madness- topic). Once that is done, I will attack to this one again with full attention. I have sanded the seat smooth, though. Or at least pretty smooth, it needs some more putty before paint.

Hope to have more soon.

Edited by W-409

• 2 weeks later...

Since the Hudson is Finished and posted to Under Glass (http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70023), I decided to take the Impala back on the bench. I installed the Battery Cable to starter, and after that painted the driveshaft joints and installed the whole engine to Frame. It's gettin' there, only shocks to add and then all brake lines etc and the Chassis is done.

DSCN05541.jpg
DSCN05571.jpg
DSCN05581.jpg
DSCN05601.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments guys! ;)

Och Hej Stefan. Det är trevligt att se fler människor från Nothern Europe här. :D (Don't know if that's correct, had to use Google Translator. My Swedish is not very good).

I'm slowly working on the interior. If I get the seat decals installed today, I will post small update on the progress with that seat. Thanks for looking guys, and for the great comments.

Thanks a Lot Jeff! It means a lot when coming from such a talented builder as you. :)

I got the seat done. It needed more work than I thought, but the end-result is pretty good I think. I had to use quite a lot putty for the seams what came when I glued those two parts together, and once I had sanded it few times and added more putty, I painted the seat red and those chrome trims silver. I didn't use BMF, because it couldn't be seen so well after all. Then I removed the paint from those "High spots". I have no idea what they are in English, but I've seen those in 1:1 cars. Decals are from the kit.

I have to install it next, and then put the seat belts on, stay tuned.

5d5af6e4-0e12-4e26-9663-85be0512247e_zps