Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin 5.9 Cummins?

Hello everybody.

I am new here, and thank you for any help you may offer.

Does anybody know of a supplier of resin that may have any Cummins engine pieces? I am thinking through a project of a Dodge Ram 2500 and have had no luck looking for a Cummins 5.9 Turbo Diesel in resin - I am guessing that it has never been in any kits either.

Thanks to everyone for reading, I appreciate your time!

James,

Welcome to the forum, hope you find some inspiration and fun here like many of us have!

The Cummins diesel has NOT been offered in resin or kit form as of yet. There was a forum member who created a resin master and sent it to a caster to be done but as of yet it is not available.

Scan through the Resin and Aftermarket section and I think there are several threads regarding a Cummins engine. I assure you once one is available, it will be all over this forum!

Hope this helps.

I do thank you for the reply!

I believe I may have read about what you mention (having the mold done but not cast yet) on another forum.

Bummer!

I will dig a little deeper into some of the other threads.

I would bet, whoever owns the mold could probably get some financial "backing" if he were to get this produced! I know I would sure be on any waiting list for several!

Thanks again, have a good weekend!

Jim