Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wild Willie Funny Car

Thank you Dinky. I used part of a drive belt from an Epson 7800 inkjet printer that was being thrown out. Lately I've been struggling with the fuel lines - getting those dang fittings on the braided lines. As a break I've been working on another kit. And raking leaves.

• 4 weeks later...

DSCF0446_zps641adae2.jpg

another shot. I have more fuel lines to add, the "computer" box and wheelie bars. Stay tuned and thanks for looking. I was hoping to use a nice photoetch steering wheel but I screwed it up. Live and learn.

Edited by GoatGuy

• 5 months later...

Wow there was a lot of dust on this thread. I had to take a hiatus from this car and work on something else, but now I've got the itch to finish it. I have more fuel lines attached and some more work done to the wheelie bars. I'll post some pics tonight. Thanks for looking.

A lot of times I struggle getting the fittings onto the braided line. Sometimes I've had luck opening the hole a little with a drill bit or starting a hole but not going all the way through so it's easier to start the line into it. I've also used Mr Sobak's idea of cutting the line at an angle to get it started.

John- thanks my good friend and teacher. It has been a lot of work since this is my first highly detailed build. Your work is amazing.

Gordon - thank you for looking. The paint on the body is Testors Grabber Orange lacquer. The engine has various Metalizer paints on it. The headers are a generic flat black from a Walmart spray can. The fittings have Tamiya clear red and clear blue on them. I hope I answered your question. I also have one more fuel line to add when I get the correct fittings.

I had typed this up last Thursday, hit the Post button but my pc decided to throw a fit.

I recently saw funny car builds by Mark Killingsworth and Steve Perry in Model Cars mag and need to check out more of their work.