Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Madness

tim_g

Well, there's this one, fresh from the bench... Monogram '53 in 1/24.

wj6yb6.jpg

My only other Vette is a Snapfast Plus kit that I threw together this winter. It was finished with Future over the original yellow plastic. This one had no wheels or tires when I got it so I found a set of wheels, tires and disc brakes at my LHS. I think they're from a new Camaro... Just a quick and ugly build... ^_^

voscb5.jpg

Edited by Wagoneer81

Here's an '85 that I built back in 2001 for my daughter Sarah for her 16th birthday. She told me that since she would be able to get her license that year, she wanted me to give her a Corvette for her birthday! I decided to do just that... And I managed to get away with building it right under her cute little nose! I just told her that I was building it for a guy from work who wanted a model of his daughter's dream car as a birthday gift! (I didn't lie - I'M a guy from work, right? :P )

She was born in 1985, so I decided that the model had to be an '85 too. I backdated an '87 AMT annual, because it was the closest I could find to an '85. Removing the high mount brake light from the top of the hatch was just about all I had to do. Her favorite color is bright yellow, so the car would have to be yellow. (These pictures were loaded into my Photobucket account from my page on Motortopia.com, which accounts for the blurb in the bottom of each shot. I list the original pics when my old computer fried it's hard drive... )

85Corvette2.jpg

On the rear of the car you'll find a custom Pennsylvania vanity plate, "SWEET 16", for Sarah's 16th birthday.

85Corvette1.jpg

85Corvette3.jpg

Like I said, I built this kit about a decade ago, and my skills have improved since then. Looking back, I find it surprising that tis is the only Corvette I've built since I've gotten back into model building in the late 1980's!