Model Cars Magazine Forum

So I just started this one after finishing my olds. It's monograms f250, which I have chopped up to make a reg cab short bed. I still need to shorten the frame, but here is where I'm at for now. I think I'm going to go with a 351 from a mustang, so maybe it will become a f150 lol. I don't know jack about ford trucks so I could care less.

The bed is too short, because I cut it wrong, but no big deal to me because this thing will be custom anyways. I'll live even though it looks kinda odd to me.

sonoma326.jpg

sonoma334.jpg

sonoma344.jpg

sonoma360.jpg

sonoma370.jpg

sonoma372.jpg

sonoma376.jpg

sonoma362.jpg

sonoma366.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Jared Roach

OK thanks man, I'll see what I decide to do.

So I got a update on this! I got the bed cut and glued together, the frame in one piece(extra plastic will be removed and the joint will be cleaned up), and I got the suspension where I want it. The rear needs to come apart again so I can add some blocks because as of right now the axle is glued to the frame lol. I plan on adding a roll pan and a tonneau cover.

sonoma388-2.jpg

sonoma392-1.jpg

sonoma399.jpg

sonoma413.jpg

sonoma420.jpg

sonoma434.jpg

sonoma442.jpg

sonoma448.jpg

sonoma429.jpg

BTW The bed lines up with the cab very good, just the pics make it look like it don't fit right.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks Jared. I still have my cab at the full length, but have cut my bed down 1 scale foot. I am wondering if I need to chop it one more scale foot of only 6". If it is 6", I think I can fix the wheelwell issue by just taking it out at the front portion of the wheelhouse/wheelwell.

Thanks Roger, that is the info I was looking for.

I am in the same boat Jared is, I haven't even picked a color yet (have a few bouncing around though).

Yours is looking good so far Jared, thanks for making me think about mine enough to drag it back out!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Thanks guys. Color wise I'm kinda leaning towards a metallic red, not too dark and not too light, but we'll see.

I haven't done much to this build lately, but I did start the body work and I hinged a tonnu cover I made for it. Once my camera charges I'll post some pics.

Here's the "blueprint", or plan, it's not finished yet, so I'll update it as I get more done to it, but for now I got it lowered and shaved the front bumper.

Revellf150custom.png

Say tunned for more soon!

Edited by Jared Roach

So I got a quick update on this one guys.

So I shaved the trim on the tail gate, and I'm still working on finishing the sides of the truck. I made a roll pan for it, and a tonneau cover out of styrene. I hinged it too, but it needs to be glued on. I shaved the vent windows on the doors to give it a cleaner look. I filled alot of holes like in the doors, bumper etc to make it look alot better. I'm kinda leaning towards a metallic red on this build, but we'll see.

sonoma452.jpg

sonoma469.jpg

sonoma462.jpg

sonoma459.jpg

The roof still needs some more work:

sonoma465.jpg

sonoma481.jpg

sonoma472.jpg

sonoma475.jpg

Just for fun I put a trailer and the 81 bronco behind it, but the bronco is 1/25 and the f150 is 1/24 so they don't look right together.

sonoma484.jpg

and a AMT 68 Camaro on a revell 69 chassis:

sonoma491.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• 2 months later...