Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Dodge Daytona Pro Mod

• 5 months later...

Hi guys I have been very busy with work again but I will be back doing some more work will be posting more soon and as always I get a bit bored with the project and need a little of something to do like starting another project so I have started on a 1/16 scale (of course) PRO MOD of Fast Freddys P/UP . Its a lot of work starting with a 1/18 and scaling down but I am giving it a good try LOL Darryl.

post-11581-0-92379900-1401189995_thumb.j

post-11581-0-68408700-1401190332_thumb.j

post-11581-0-90844100-1401190432_thumb.j

post-11581-0-22458400-1401190662_thumb.j

post-11581-0-66572900-1401190772_thumb.j

• 6 months later...

Hi still alive and ok just no time at all lately as work takes over some times and modelling takes a back bench but I am having some time off at Xmas so I hope I will get some more work done . In context I am going to do the wheelie bars to a latest type they run on Top Doorslammers in Australia and change a few more bits to bring it up to modern Tech so will see you soon and will add a few photos of progress . Also I will add some photos of Fast Fredies Pro Mod pick-up LOL.

I'm especially interested in that Fast Freddy's Pickup. I've seen it a few times here in Finland and I have really good memories from those times. His huge burnouts and fast reversing back to the starting line are neat to watch. Not to mention that one last qualifying run years ago when he was out of the ladder and the car didn't go straight at all. Anyway Freddy stayed on the throttle and made it to the ladder.

Here's a little inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdWI6Y1L1kc

It would have to be one of the wildest Pro Mods I just keep watching videos of it all the time . It is very hard to find any photos of the chassis at all as I am building a couple of it in its different stages any info would be really good . Also the T bucket as tow car . I am going to do a Dioarama of it when I catch up with my projects lol .

It would have to be one of the wildest Pro Mods I just keep watching videos of it all the time . It is very hard to find any photos of the chassis at all as I am building a couple of it in its different stages any info would be really good . Also the T bucket as tow car . I am going to do a Dioarama of it when I catch up with my projects lol .

Yep! Not many racers have gone ice racing with their Pro Mod cars, but Freddy did that too. :D The T-Bucket is really cool (and different) hauler for sure:

P7050157.JPG?img=img900

I believe finding pictures of the frame is hard. It's highly possible that these pics don't help at all, but I have two shots without the nose clip:

NitroNats%20(143).jpg?img=img900

NitroNats%20(24).jpg?img=img900

Edit: Do these pics help?

18.jpg

12.jpg

21.jpg

Edited by W-409

Thanks guys the pictures really help a lot . Thanks Romell for the feedback I think your work is real good to man and all the engine work you do is great . It is the first time I have ever done any chassis work . the hard part is to get the time .Should be able to get some time over Xmas .

• 1 year later...

Hi juys , been so busy through 2015 I just might have some time to relode the hobby machine and finish the Dodge and start on the Pickup ahd I will probly resin the pickup so I can do a few of the trucks life stages . Ilook from time to time at the site and their some unbelievable stuff being built . will post some more of the Pro Mod in the near future .Keep well and see ya soon Darryl.

ill be watching!

i love watching fast freddy run at santa pod when he comes over. He's twin turbo now, and on a test and tune run, he pedalled, wheelied at the eighth and still ran a decent time. His eighth mile burnouts are expected lol

• 1 year later...

I haven't posted for a long time but the project is still on the bench as I have been busy finishing off my 28 ford roadster pickup. Its been a couple of hard working years but my passion for modelling will always be their. I just take on too many projects. Will soon be back with some new pics and will be back with Fast Freedy,s wild pickup and of course the Daytona cheers . P S I still like Freedys pickup BLOWN.