Model Cars Magazine Forum

Customer Service

Good morning again. I've been following posts on several model car forums that have, for the most part, been asking about the customer service of a well known aftermarket resin company. I am sure you all know who I mean but I am not here to slam any resin casters. Not a good business practice. What I do want to say is this. I have been in this business for almost five years now and I feel that my business practices are the best way to handle my customer's needs. My customers are my top priority. If I dealt with them the way some other resin companies do, then I'd better think of doing something else....like playing golf.

When I recieve an order, I immediately notify the customer via email (if an email address is given) that I have the order in hand. If there is a delay in getting an order shipped I will notify the customer and give him/her several options. 1) Complete refund, 2) Substitution of part or parts, or 3) Wait until the order can be shipped. If the customer opts to wait, then I almost always include a couple freebies to show my appreciation for their patience. Once a customer recieves his/her order and there is a problem (missing/broken parts, warped body, whatever) I will correct the problem. I usually try to have a turn-around time of less than two weeks but again, if there is a delay the customer will know.

This has been my business ethic since I began this venture and it will not change. Like I said before, if I had the attitude of "Give me your money, you'll get your stuff when I'm ready to send it to you.", then I'd better start playing golf......and I don't like playing golf.

Take care all.

Chris Buck

Top End Miniatures