Model Cars Magazine Forum

PRO XTREME CAMARO

baddgass

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, I have been thinking about buying those elbows as well for a Turbo or supercharger build. I know my Hobby shop doesn't carry them, did you do a special order directly from Plastruct?

If you don't mind me asking Derrek, what is the wheelbase of your car, out of curiosity? I don't recall seeing the other part of of your chassis, but can you move your front wheel forward if you are under the 115" Max wheelbase, to remove that bend in the headers? Or possibly your firewall is to far forward causing you the grief with your headers.

Bart i order stright from Plastruct on there web site. The wheelbase is 112" and i can't move the front wheel forward, they would be out of the wheel wells. And as for the firewall, i could move the engine back but i have to cut in to the wind shild :blink: . Maybe on the next build i'll look in to that, but to far gone now. lol Thanks for looking in.

this is not an uncommon occurance. depending on where the chassis guy wants that motor to sit. the headers can become more like "incedentals" .

2783850038_3dd48f79f4.jpg

you can buy them from bickel like that.

tek0083TEK0083.jpg

hope this helps, guys.

Edited by comp1839

this is not an uncommon occurance. depending on where the chassis guy wants that motor to sit. the headers can become more like "incedentals" .

you can buy them from bickel like that.

hope this helps, guys.

I just learned something. I thought the headers had to be the same length. Fantastic work on this build Derrick. Keep it up.

Thanks Bart and RG, hope this help.

And Dave always a wealth of knowledge, thanks for the pics. i feel alot better about the hearders. The paint is up in the air :blink: .

Chris thanks, now i have to sand and put the headers back together.

Rick these guys know there stuff. B)

PS. the elbow will be used on my up and coming Turbo build. :o:lol:

Looks pretty darn cool with the update to the header tubes! Not sure if they are in their final resting place and mounted to the bends, but the vertical part of the tubes looks to throw it off.

I really good reference I am going to use Dave's pic.

These headers run diagonally back, I think this might help alleviate that large offset (the flat part after your first bend, shorten this up some possibly?) then lay your main part diagonally you should be fine.