Model Cars Magazine Forum

Turbo Outlaw Mustang

Super job Nick. So you build 1:1s too? Keep up the fantastic work. I'm hooked! :)

Hey, sorry it has taken me so long to answer your question. I have had the pleaser of being able to drag race since I was in high school. Because of this and lack of funds when I was younger I learned to work on these cars as much as possible myself. Also if I didn't know how to do something that I needed I would often trade time in race shops to get my hands dirty learning how do the things I desperately needed to know in order to be fast. In the end I have been able to spend some time behind the wheel of some pretty incredible heads up cars, much like the one I am building here. I will never lose any love for the 1:1s but it is still very fun and rewarding to be able to recreate something you love in such a unique way.

Hello again everyone. I again made some small progress this evening. I finished up the other header as well as got some work started on the transmission. I've decided for the moment to put a Bruno drive in this car. I also toyed with putting a PM Power glide in as it is becoming more common to see a PG in these cars as they have found ways to get them to stand up to the power. Also much much easier than trying to battle a clutch car. The Bruno is still a relevant choice and def different than all of the traditional lencos and liberties. I was able to start boxing in the doors as well. That's about it for now. Thanks again for following and thank you for your comments...... Nick

WP_20130503_001_zps7794dbcf.jpg

WP_20130503_002_zps1ffd625e.jpg

WP_20130503_004_zpse2343565.jpg

• 7 months later...