Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 ford street rod finished! 7.17.13

streetmachine11

thanks Jason! i appreciate the kind words......

do you hit your embossing powder with a heat gun when you use it? one of the guys here told me you could, and it locks it in place really nice... i picked up a few different colors of it a couple weeks ago, and i like it so far, and it just looks better to me.

cheers

bryan

thanks Jason! i appreciate the kind words......

do you hit your embossing powder with a heat gun when you use it? one of the guys here told me you could, and it locks it in place really nice... i picked up a few different colors of it a couple weeks ago, and i like it so far, and it just looks better to me.

cheers

bryan

no i sure dont. havent heard about doing it that way :-D i usually brush on flat black the sprinkle on the black powder. or, like this one, i sprayed the parts almond then sprinkled on the white powder. once it tacked up the i put a light coat over the powder.

the way i think of it if you use the color paint you want as an adhesive, then you dont have to put a ton of paint on top of it. helps keep the texture.

ive done it this way for a few years and never had a problem with it.

jason

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...