Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rat Rod and Spare parts build!

'08SEAL

Got more done, now just about ready for assembly....planned on building a Cobra for the Carrol Shelby build, but haven't received my kit yet, and will be busy all next week....this will probably be my last build for awhile, unless I just come across something that really inspires me to start up again....

I know this isn't the most accurate/functional build. Not much suspension, steering linkages, rear axle mounting is simple...but should look good up on the shelf. Everything in this build was grabbed from the parts box or was scratch built..once assembled i will get a list of the parts used...

Engine all painted with exhaust, just need to add some kind of intake system...

DSCN3295.jpg

All parts, ready to be assembled...

DSCN3299.jpg

Got a little assembly done...but got a headache so gonna try and finish tomorrow. Got the intake stacks (styrene rod wrapped in BMF and painted black on end) on the engine, along with the exhaust re-glued on. Got the front axle, fuel tank and grille assembly glued on.

Once everything is assembled I will be making a list of all the parts used in the build. thanks for looking and let me know what you think, good or bad, a little criticism never hurt anyone :)

DSCN3324.jpg

yeah, id love to tear one down and see just how complicated it is....nothing like I've ever messed with for sure....haven't had time to work on this build the past day or two...our car show is Saturday morning, and been spending every free minute on my car...hope to finish it up before the weekends over though...thanks

Got more done, now just about ready for assembly....planned on building a Cobra for the Carrol Shelby build, but haven't received my kit yet, and will be busy all next week....this will probably be my last build for awhile, unless I just come across something that really inspires me to start up again....

I know this isn't the most accurate/functional build. Not much suspension, steering linkages, rear axle mounting is simple...but should look good up on the shelf. Everything in this build was grabbed from the parts box or was scratch built..once assembled i will get a list of the parts used...

Engine all painted with exhaust, just need to add some kind of intake system...

DSCN3295.jpg

All parts, ready to be assembled...

DSCN3299.jpg

Love the engine stand in first pic. lol

ok guys got this thing done...couldnt use the truck bed sides and flares, had a mishap with the exhaust on the passenger side and a mis measurment lol. anywho....here are a few pics of the complete build. it is not exactly how I wanted it, but didnt feel like dragging this out any more...

DSCN3340.jpg

DSCN3343.jpg

DSCN3347.jpg

DSCN3344.jpg

DSCN3346.jpg

DSCN3341.jpg

and guys the are .243 casings...was the closest thing I could reach when ready to take pics lol

The cab and front axle came from a bunch of parts I got from Nick on here and are unsure what they are. The frame, headlight mount, rear axles tubes, license plate relocation bracket are scratch built. The rear pan, firewall (tailgate), dash (covered in BMF) are from the 3n1 29 Ford rat Rod truck kit. The grille is from I believe a 29 Ford. The engine/trans was from the Lamborghini Countach kit. The seat and gauges decals came out of a Testors Lamborghini Diablo kit. Headlight were pulled from part of a Toyota Rally/race car. Everything else was pulled from the big spare parts box. I am sure I am forgetting something, but everything was either pulled from parts box, parts kits or scratch built.