Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell '49 merc

fatkidd

so i finished another kit for the year...i think i'm at 2 for the year so far. i guess i'd better slow down before i get outta hand.

it is pretty much box stock except for paint and aluminum hubcaps on the front and aluminum "salt flat discs" on the rear.

paint is as follows:

interior - House of Kolor Pavo Purple b/c, HOK Chrome Yellow b/c, engine is Tamiya Gold Leaf, Carbs are HOK Purple Kandy over the kit chrome.

exterior - DuPont Hot Hues Amazing Grape b/c with HOK Purple Kandy and HOK Chrome Yellow b/c with Interference Gold Pearl mixed in HOK SG100 and Nason SelectClear for the clear coat.

Thanks for looking...hope you enjoy.

IMG_4028.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

p.s. I will get a better shot of the completed model this week to post...last picture was taken at the Sunshine State NNL (in conjunction with the Billetproof show in Gainesville, FL on 02/27/2010)

and here is a close up picture of the hubcap, which was made on a friend's lathe

IMG_4032.jpg

thanks chuck and brian. the color doesn't really show up too well from the pics, but i'll try and get better ones.

chuck,

the screen name is a nickname that was given to me many years ago. i'm overweight (have been pretty much all my life) and i'm a kid at heart. :)