Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black on Black Pro Street 71 Hemicuda DONE!

dimebolt

Here's a few pics of todays progress. Fixed fenders, and valance. Got everything sanded smooth and primed. Block sanded, and primed again. The new seams I made on the fenders need more filler, and sanding. Then block sand the whole thing again. I"m gonna open and hinge the trunk after everything's smooth as glass, work with it to make sure it's not binding, and then get a color coat on it.

IMG_0465_zpsf333571e.jpg

IMG_0462_zpsc9acde7c.jpg

IMG_0464_zpsf3510cad.jpg

IMG_0463_zps5cee6154.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Corey

Edited by dimebolt

Lookin' good! The photoetch grille (and other photo etched parts too) is great "bonus". What kit is this? Monogram?

Thanks Niko. Yeah it's Monogram. Built this same kit when I was like 13. Time to do it the way I wanted to back then.

Corey

Looks good so far Corey! Glad to see you corrected the front splash pan. If you're planning on painting the grille different than the body color, you can also cut it loose. That's how I did mine. I also glued my rear valence in before primer and paint because it's such a pain to get it in right after the chassis is installed. The chassis will still fit like it should. You just have to slide the rear of it in first. It will also help to cut the license plate loose from the rear bumper and glue it to the inside of the body. If you're going to open up the trunk, I would go ahead and do it before final sanding because more than likely,it will need more primer after you cut it out.

Thanks Roger. The grille is going to be body color. Trunk is open, and I already have it in more primer; waiting for it to dry. Probably going to do a custom chassis, as I dont like the limitations presented with the kits chassis. Molded in exhaust, etc.

Corey

sweet Corey, I planned on doing something like that to my grille, looks awesome!

Thanks Bill. It ought to be pretty cool when it's done. The powerplant however, won't be near as awesome as the one going in your's. That thing is a MONSTER!!!

Corey

Got the trunk cut open and another coat of primer. Body prepped and 2 light mist coats. Then 15 min later, a wet coat. Missed part of the engine bay. It'll get lightly wet sanded with 2000 grit, then shot again. Then some clear if everything goes well. Wet sanded, and cleared again. And another time. Alot of people don't know it, but; every time you wet sand clear, it practically doubles the shine when you clear it again. Well, alot of people do realize it. Just one of the many little tricks I learned from my mom's ex husband. He painted semi trucks for a living.

Corey

IMG_0466_zpsbcc94106.jpg

IMG_0467_zpsa7437476.jpg

IMG_0468_zpsad64183e.jpg

IMG_0469_zps5c9579d2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Corey

Edited by dimebolt

Hey Corey,

This kit looks familiar! It's far beter off in your capable hands. Tripple black is exactly how I woudl have built it. The progress looks good so far.

Steve

Thanks man, you're too kind.

I've got pretty high expectations of this build. I'm just gonna take it one step at a time, and not get into too big of hurry. But I can't wait to see it finished!!!

Corey