Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need a HUGE favor

crazyjim

I've been eating Puffed Rice cereal since I was a baby. We used to be able to get it at the local Sweet Bay supermarket but they were taken over by Winn-Dixie and is no longer available. Meijers carries a 6 oz bag as Meijer basics puffed rice cereal.

Would anyone be willing to go their local Meijer's, purchase 12 bags, box them up, and mail to me? I would certainly cover the cost of the cereal, boxing, and postage.

Sure appreciate your help.

Some brand other than Kellogg's Rice Crispies??

Hijack- look up Alton Brown's healthy remake of rice crispie treats. He uses puffed brown rice and adds dried fruit and almonds. They are awesome...but puffed brown rice can be hard to find.

Edited by LDO

I think that Wal-Mart carries it. If not I can run down to Meijers by me and see if they have it Jim.

Wal-Mart doesn't carry what I need. Meijer's does (at least in Grand Rapids, MI). NOT rice crispies. This is just plain old puffed rice cereal. It's in the cereal aisle packaged in a white plastic bag with red meijer basics, black puffed rice, 6 oz (0.38lb) 170g. The bar code on the back is 713733611275.

Thanks Andy.

I used to eat only Quaker brand puffed rice until we moved to FLA where the brand wasn't available locally. I switched to the Sweet Bay brand and enjoyed it. They tasted much different from the Quaker brand. I bought a couple of bags on the Meijer's brand when I was visiting my Mom in Grand Rapids. They taste very good.

I don't know who makes what and I realize that there are several brands out there. I enjoy the Meijer's brand.