Model Cars Magazine Forum

61 Continental Restored Update 10/31/14

Porscheman

This is an AMT screw bottom gluebomb I bought on ebay. I painted it Testors Wimbledon White with Wet Look Clear lacquers. The interior was painted with Dupli-color Chrysler medium Teal Metalic and the glass was painted with light coats of Tamiya Clear Blue. I'm still waiting on the hood ornimate from The Modelhaus.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking.

Al

post-8591-0-71615500-1413315043_thumb.jp

post-8591-0-56758900-1413315060_thumb.jp

Edited by Porscheman

That's pretty Al!! I've had one of these staring me in the face every time I walk into my shop for a long time now! Plus, I just picked up a '63 on ebay last week. Sooner or later I'm gonna have to build one or stop buying them! :) Very nice job! I've always thought these Continentals of this body style screamed out to be painted either very light or very dark colors. Black or a dark charcoal gray on one end of the spectrum, & white or maybe a beige or pale gold on the other end. What did you use for tires? They're perfect! Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

That's pretty Al!! I've had one of these staring me in the face every time I walk into my shop for a long time now! Plus, I just picked up a '63 on ebay last week. Sooner or later I'm gonna have to build one or stop buying them! :) Very nice job! I've always thought these Continentals of this body style screamed out to be painted either very light or very dark colors. Black or a dark charcoal gray on one end of the spectrum, & white or maybe a beige or pale gold on the other end. What did you use for tires? They're perfect! Steve

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. Steve, I think the whitewalls are from the Trumpeter 60 Pontiac that I parted out. The ones from round 2 are perfect also.

I landed my Holy Grail 69 Continental today and will be picking it up Friday night and starting it on Saturday.

Al

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. Steve, I think the whitewalls are from the Trumpeter 60 Pontiac that I parted out. The ones from round 2 are perfect also.

I landed my Holy Grail 69 Continental today and will be picking it up Friday night and starting it on Saturday.

Al

That would explain it. I do seem to remember the tires from that kit being pretty nice. Too bad the rest of the kit was trash! Steve

That is beautiful Al. I only wish that you would have used a set of '61 Lincoln Wheelcovers on it.

Thanks Ron, I ordered the wheel covers, rear grill and hood ornimate from the Modelhaus but they haven't come yet. So I used the ones from the AMT 65 Lincoln because I couldn't wait.

Al

Bravo Al! As a fellow Lincoln builder you make me want to get back to mine. It's not easy to make that trim on the fender edges look good, but you nailed it.

One question: Did you have any issues with the fit of the front bumper/grille? The opening on mine had to be filed out a bit on either side for it to fit.