Model Cars Magazine Forum

61 Continental Restored Update 10/31/14

Porscheman

Bravo Al! As a fellow Lincoln builder you make me want to get back to mine. It's not easy to make that trim on the fender edges look good, but you nailed it.

One question: Did you have any issues with the fit of the front bumper/grille? The opening on mine had to be filed out a bit on either side for it to fit.

Thanks again guys. I didn't have any problem with mine, but mine was built by others prior to my purchase.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. Steve, I think the whitewalls are from the Trumpeter 60 Pontiac that I parted out. The ones from round 2 are perfect also.

I landed my Holy Grail 69 Continental today and will be picking it up Friday night and starting it on Saturday.

Al

Hey Al,

Would you like to have a suicide Lincoln buildoff? Since you are getting the '69, and I have a few, and would love to do one. Maybe Chris ,Steve, and anyone else would like to get in too.

Hey Al,

Would you like to have a suicide Lincoln buildoff? Since you are getting the '69, and I have a few, and would love to do one. Maybe Chris ,Steve, and anyone else would like to get in too.

I'm not much of the competitive type Ron, but I do have a couple of new Continentals that are due to arrive tomorrow or Saturday. A 1963 & a 1959. The '59 has me a little intrigued. I have nothing that's ready for restoration at the moment except for possibly a '60. The rest all need parts to go for re-chroming. But I could probably fast track the '60 a little. :) No Suicide doors on that, but it's the best I can muster at the moment. Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

I'm not much of the competitive type Ron, but I do have a couple of new Continentals that are due to arrive tomorrow or Saturday. A 1963 & a 1959. The '59 has me a little intrigued. I have nothing that's ready for restoration at the moment except for possibly a '60. The rest all need parts to go for re-chroming. But I could probably fast track the '60 a little. :) No Suicide doors on that, but it's the best I can muster at the moment. Steve

I'm not competative either. I just like the subject matter. How about a Lincoln Continental Buildoff, and include the 58 through the '60 just for fun of course, and I can restore this bad boy.

MamaMeetingApril272013008_zps41f09abb.jp

MamaMeetingApril272013006_zpsc422769f.jp

Got my '59 hardtop & a '63 convertible last night also. Got the pair for $25.00. My inclination is to do the '59 for our "build off", but if I do that it could be several months by the time I get my current batch of chrome back & then get another batch sent out & get that back! :o I guess if I join in, it will have to be my '60 hardtop. Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller