Model Cars Magazine Forum

'34 Ford 5 Window Streetrod

Tory

This model began as an AMT factory stock 1934 Ford 5 Window coupe. I chopped the top 5 scale inches and channeled the body. The front and rear suspension are from the Revell '32 Ford 5 Window Coupe kit, as is the engine and wheels. Front tires are also from the Revell kit, while rear tires are custom made in Solidworks and printed on a Form 1+ printer. Paint is overall Tamiya Pearl White, while the engine is Ford Orange Crush Pearl. The interior is deep purple, although almost impossible to see. Decals were custom printed on Micro Mark clear decal film using a color laser printer. The graphics were fond online using a Google image search for "flaming skull". They were sized and color enhanced in Adobe Photoshop. The model was built to satisfy the JSMCC's annual brown paper bag contest where you choose a model and a color without knowing what it is. This is the very first street rod I have ever built and it represents a lot of work in trying to get the proportions just right. I never realized how tricky that is and have a new found respect for my fellow street rod builders, both scale and full sized!

Hope you like it!

Tory

34Ford_a_zps925c2ac8.jpg

34Ford_c_zps0326a3ea.jpg

34Ford_g_zps8db073f7.jpg

34Ford_f_zps068d7160.jpg

34Ford_d_zps4ff596cc.jpg

34Ford_e_zpsda758da9.jpg

34Ford_b_zps12d4a393.jpg

trying to get the proportions just right

You did and to me that's what is all about, centering up the rear wheel tire combo in the wheel arches, your combination on big and littles your color selection, that great fade from red to white underneath, the selection of kit bashed parts , YEP! Yo got it.In spades. :lol: