Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Hornet's Nest: Hudson Hornet Build Madness!

Dr. Cranky

After all is said and done, I think I'm going to call this one "HORNY HORNET'S 'PIMP DADDY'". LOL!

I think the colors came out too loud, but I promised myself I would build this one start to finish, no matter what.

005-vi.jpg

One thing I recommend doing if you are going to use the visor is to cut off the pins and then glue the thing down at the end . . .the pins are a bit fragile and will break off after a few tries at mocking it up . . . so save yourself the frustration . . .

006-vi.jpg

Here's a nice smooth shot . . .

007-vi.jpg

I still have to put a coat of dullcoat on the paint so that it's not so delicate . . .

Here's the last shot with a wheel and the front bumper just to get an idea of what it's going to look like . . .

009-vi.jpg

HA! Thanks, Dave.

Well, I keep pushing it . . . since I wasn't crazy about the yellow and red . . . well, now I really like it and here's why!

007-vi.jpg

The rub-on decals come from the Pine Car section of my LHS. Lots of new choices these days, very cool.

008-vi.jpg

I think this one is finally headed in the right direction!

Something I noticed- it's near impossible to find a Hudson side-profile picture with the side trim off, so I can see where the mounting holes go. Oh, sure, you can find a fender for a '53 Hornet with the trim off, but everything else is the wrong year or model. The one 'frame off' resto album I found had the fenders, doors AND ROCKERS cut off, big help there!

Thanks, Rob! And, of course, this means you are going to build one too, right?

We have some 1:1 car issues that need to get resolved, and the Tampa SW Street Rod Nats model contest that will eat up a bulk of my spending cash. So I figure this time next month maybe I'll be okay to order this and the Revell 48. I wll endevour to come up with something between now and then. If not, I will learn and enjoy all the excellent eye-candy that we'll be seeing here.

Edited by Jantrix

oh man, such a coooool kit - i'm just waiting and waiting and waiting... for the ordered kit :angry: . I like the hudson since the "cars"-movie and it is a "must have" as it came out this year.

go on, buddies! want to see more ;) makes time for waiting of mine shorter.