Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius ProStar - Test Shots

I find it funny, I ask if there was a new release date and then all the replays after that are, quality first, just because I asked about a release date, hmmm, I guess you guys thought my reply was implying to get it released quickly

I want quality too, but I like to plan ahead for the bigger purchases like semi truck kits, so its helpful to know about when kits are coming out

I know I'm late to answer but it wasn't to discredit your comment. I have been waiting eagerly for this kit as well and I can't wait to put my hands on one or five... My comment was just to emphasize the accuracy of the truck. Your comment was a question anybody here would have asked. Thanks for doing it by the way!

Moebius is boldly going where others have gone before, but striving to be the best at it. So it is going to take some time to get there. It's all good! I can't wait to get my hands on the best looking modern (aero) truck around...

We sent instruction sheet, Paint chart and decal sheet files to the factory onThursday - If all goes well kits ought to ship around 4/25 - that puts them on store shelves in May - maybe around May 15th - 20th.

Cool!!! I have funds put back just for this kit!! Looking forward to it!!!

The ProStar at Jabbeke as well as the partially finished loneStar day cab wrecker and the silver& blue LoneStar ( also a test shot) are all the work of Guido Kehder in Germany. Here is the link to his site - his work is some of the best I've seen. There are several shots of the finished ProStar on his site as well as in progress shots of the big wrecker.http://www.die-leitplanke.de/

Edited by Dave Metzner

We sent instruction sheet, Paint chart and decal sheet files to the factory on Thursday - If all goes well kits ought to ship around 4/25 - that puts them on store shelves in May - maybe around May 15th - 20th.

COOL!!! Thanks for the birthday (5-17) gift!!! :lol: I plan on building the last truck I ever got to drive...

meandmytruck_zps964d6edc.jpg

yes dave some guys make it so good

i am learning everytime i see it on the forums and shows

you never to old to learning something

thats al about tips and tricks

and thanks for the info dave if its aivailble i hope that my 2 boys give it to my for my birthday [no dad you have to much !!!!]

jacobus

The ProStar at Jabbeke as well as the partially finished loneStar day cab wrecker and the silver& blue LoneStar ( also a test shot) are all the work of Guido Kehder in Germany. Here is the link to his site - his work is some of the best I've seen. There are several shots of the finished ProStar on his site as well as in progress shots of the big wrecker.http://www.die-leitplanke.de/

Those models and his details are outstanding! Should be a great model Dave, sure wish you had a wrecker body for it, I would buy 2 kits!

Our old car kiits are not produced from factory drawings - We go out and measure cars and photograph them with size references in the photos. The factory develops 3D files and tooling mock-ups from photos. Our two big trucks were develooped from CAD files provided by Navistar. Finding and measuring an old Truck is a lot more complicated than sending a set of CAD files over the internet. I'm not ruling out old truck kits - just explaining that it's not a simple or fast process. We have some more big truck projects in mind. Let us get ProStar done and on store shelves and then we'll see where we're going.. ProStar tooling is finished - we're in process of finishing packaging, Instructions and decals now. I'd like to think that kits will be in stores Before the end of April. I'd like to say that they'll be avaialble earlier but I don't want to over-promise.. Dave
Sounds promising.... Hopefully other brands of trucks in the future. I'm loving the lonestar and prostar but a mack Titan and or granite would be awesome plus they are global.

I've been waiting since December for my Lone Star and Pro Star.........I don't want to, but if the quality is as good as I've heard it'll for sure be worth while waiting on. I have two of the Moebius trailers in the box just waiting for equally good tractors to put in front of them.