Model Cars Magazine Forum

61 Continental Restored Update 10/31/14

Porscheman

Ok, it's on then.

In previous years, I did this '61 Sedan

2005_0818gmatcarlisle20050048.jpg

and this '67 Sedan.

2005_041167LincolnContinental0004.jpg

I have a '60 convertible to rebuild, a partially built '63 Sedan, a '64, '65, '66, and '69 sedans to choose from. I'm chomping at the bit, and one of the '66's I have is going to be White, with a Burgundy interior, in honor of my father, who had one in that commbination.

I have two questions for this build off . One , does it have to be a new build ? I will not be able to build until next year sometime as we are moving across what is left of our Nation . I am now and will be in Flux and will remain .

Second question ; is factory Stock appropriate ? This build is on the way .. I've seen a very few of this genera here . My one build was tossed off a site . It fit the parameters of the site . It was judged not hacked up enough to be on the Site . I have no way of posting pics from my Computer .. This is a problem for me .. any hints as to where I can go to post from my Camera ? Thanx ..

As far as I know there are no rules John! As there are apparently no winners or prizes. You can do whatever you like! I build almost exclusively factory stock, as do a lot of other members here, so yes, stock is absolutely appropriate! I think this is just a good opportunity to get a bunch of guys together to build a Lincoln & show it off. Is my assumption correct guys? :) Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

As far as I know there are no rules John! As there are apparently no winners or prizes. You can do whatever you like! I think this is just a good opportunity to get a bunch of guys together to build a Lincoln & show it off. Is my assumption correct guys? :) Steve

You're right Steve. It's for the love of Lincolns and hopefully to see some of those rare finds out there being built.

Al

As far as I know there are no rules John! As there are apparently no winners or prizes. You can do whatever you like! I build almost exclusively factory stock, as do a lot of other members here, so yes, stock is absolutely appropriate! I think this is just a good opportunity to get a bunch of guys together to build a Lincoln & show it off. Is my assumption correct guys? :) Steve

That's it in a nutshell.

If someone is looking for Ideas .. WIP's I have are ;

'42 Blackout Continental Convertible , '46-'48 Continental Convertibles . Yes , that's right from the Lindbergh / Pyro kits . A decent Engine is available . Wheels are a Major Stumbling Block . Many other modifications are required . I've done one in my first Collection . Tucker Steering wheels can be sourced from Modelhaus . Preston Tucker bought Contemporary Continental Steering Wheels from FoMoCo .

'55 MY was a conversion R&R kit . '56 MY was a R&R conversion kit . '57 MY a new Modelhaus kit . I have the Hendrix Mfg kit . It needs much as it is a conversion . The Modelhaus kit s complete . The Continental MK II was an F&F kit . Ed Fluck III does not have the molds . I see someone out there in Casting Land has one kit in the planning stages .

Yes , I do factory Stock Builds .

If I am able to post here again , I would show my built string from '58-'68 . Thanx ..

MMMMMMM, a build off, eh?

I won a '61 drop top that was in process of getting restored but it was painted poop brown. Sad thing is, the finish is great but not at all right for the Conti. I was thinking red on red for my color combo.

Hmmm.... poop brown. Was that baby poop brown, or just regular poop? :) Or could it be cow poop brown with a touch of green? :D Steve

That is beautiful Al. I only wish that you would have used a set of '61 Lincoln Wheelcovers on it.

Ok, the wheel covers, hood ornimate and rear grill arrived today and just had to finish it. I did have to sacrifice those nice white walls though, the wheel covers were promo style and wouldn't fit the tires. Theses WW are from AMT's Firestones parts pack.

post-8591-0-61596500-1414776556_thumb.jp