Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kurt Wilson`s: 23 T` Bucket new project 10/9/12

John Teresi

Hello......this is on my work bench......Kurt Wilson`s 23 T`Bucket.......I met Kurt about 4 years ago at a model car show that he put on.......we instantly became good friends......recently at the NNL Lower Left Coast model car show that he and Darryl Gassaway put on......Kurt asked me if I would build a replica of his 32 T` Bucket ?........I sad,absolutely yes.......I was honored that he chose me to build it for him.......well,his good buddies Darryl Gassaway, Gregg Hutching`s AKA "Da Big Kahuna" and Mr. "Famous" Mike Flynn donated kits and parts to build this AWESOME T`,Bucket.......this will be fun to build and I hope to do it justice.

1932T-Bucket005.jpg

1932T-Bucket022.jpg

1932T-Bucket023.jpg

securedownload2.jpg

securedownload2.jpg

T2eC16hHJHwE9n8ikMcqBQYirhIHbg60_57.jpg

DSCF4456.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.....I started on the wheels......I modified the inner front Lindberg wheels for the rears.......the front wheels are not as deep as the rears......I had some extra Corvette wheels......so I modified them and used part of the Lindberg inner rear wheels......I will fine sand and shape and add the lug nuts......not perfect but,good enough for the girls I go with......thanks for looking.

DSCF4727.jpg

DSCF4724.jpg

DSCF4738.jpg

DSCF4730.jpg

DSCF4732.jpg

DSCF4736.jpg

DSCF4740.jpg

Hello.....thanks guys for the kind comments.......I started the mock-up........I am totally modifying the chassis as I go......the rear spring mount was re-located as well......the bed was shortened 1 inch and I mocked-up the gas tank......and did some work on the bed interior and the tub interior......also made a seat bench ......I have allot of work still to do on both interiors.......also started on the side pipes......thanks for looking.

DSCF4775.jpg

DSCF4774.jpg

DSCF4779.jpg

DSCF4780.jpg

DSCF4772.jpg

DSCF4781.jpg

Hello......thank you all for the kind comments.......I did somemore work on the chassis.......I am modifying the chassis as I go.........got the engine mocked-up as well.......the radiator had to be modified too......everything is still in the rough stages.....thanks for looking.

DSCF4797.jpg

DSCF4791.jpg

DSCF4793.jpg

DSCF4795.jpg

DSCF4796.jpg

DSCF4798.jpg

John it looks like the Engine saddle mount is at the wrong end? :huh:

Gilbert......you are right......but,the drawing that Kurt gave me has a completely different custom chassis and that mount is close to what I needed ......so I used it for the trans. and radius rod mounts.....it still needs some modifying......and the motor mounts up front are different as well,and need to be scratch made......thanks for your input.