Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Take-A-Turn Torino Project

Casey

Sorry I haven't updated lately. While I was off work I really couldn't do much and now that I'm able to work on it I'm back to work. The chassis, interior, and body are ready to go together I just need to find the time to get back at it. Here is how it sits right now. I'll see if I can get the windows in and join everything together this weekend.

And here is my hand, you don't want to see what it looks like under the sock...

Still going to PT twice a week, my third finger still won't quite straighten out but I'm working on that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I realize there were dire circumstances which prevented one of the builders from finishing his segment of the build, but why isn't there a rule that states that if you are unable to complete your part in the allotted time, you need to mail the kit to the next guy and let other builders finish it?  Is this Snowball II or III?  

Well guys, I holding out little hope we will see the Torino again.  I've tried through other social media to get in touch with the current holder of the car.  He is active in other places but will not acknowledge requests about the Torino.  Makes me sad that it was so close.  Let's hope he will at least send it to me to finish as I requested no questions asked.  ?

Well guys, I holding out little hope we will see the Torino again.  I've tried through other social media to get in touch with the current holder of the car.  He is active in other places but will not acknowledge requests about the Torino.  Makes me sad that it was so close.  Let's hope he will at least send it to me to finish as I requested no questions asked.  ?

Fingers crossed Fred...

I've known Ron for a while both online and face to face and I know he's gonna make this right. I can't say whats going with him, but from what I've heard it's been a rough year. I've sent him a text. If he doesn't reply, I'll try calling him.

I've known Ron for a while both online and face to face and I know he's gonna make this right. I can't say whats going with him, but from what I've heard it's been a rough year. I've sent him a text. If he doesn't reply, I'll try calling him.

Thanks Rob, much appreciated!

This is exactly what prompted the fustercluck that occurred toward the end of the group-build that came to be known as Snowball I.  As I said above, I realize that bad circumstances can wreak havoc on people's lives, but why do they feel they have the right to hold on to the kit until their problems are resolved?   

Depending on what is going on and how it has effected a person, they may not even care about a plastic model kit, let alone more important life matters.

I'm sure it will work out.

he feels good enough to pop in here and not post, shares and posts on fb as well so my feeling on this is going from uncertain and hope that everything is ok to one of feeling ripped off so close to the end of the project that was going to prove a point that it could be done by a group with good results?

It seems to be the fate of ALL of these snowball type things. The last one ended when someone who made a huge fuss about getting his turn promptly vanished upon receipt of the car. There needs to be a $100 bond or something. You effectively purchase the car from the previous person in the build lists. If you don't finish it, and pass it on, you lose your money. (all the same, I can see how this would fail too!)

Ken, feel free to start a community build with your own rules, etc. No group build project such as this one is expected to go smoothly, and non-completion is always a possible result-- something we all knew and accepted when we agreed to partake in this project. Adding drama and chiming in with what you or anyone else thinks or feels should've been done is irrelevant to this project. We have a system set up and have been following it, and while their have been some bumps along the way, it has worked out overall.

The fact is there's nothing anyone can to to force a participant to do anything, and again, we all knew that going in. Trying to publicly shame someone isn't going to help anyone. When Ron's ready and/or able to report back, he will. If he never does, so be it.

I realize there were dire circumstances which prevented one of the builders from finishing his segment of the build, but why isn't there a rule that states that if you are unable to complete your part in the allotted time, you need to mail the kit to the next guy and let other builders finish it?  Is this Snowball II or III?  

This is exactly what prompted the fustercluck that occurred toward the end of the group-build that came to be known as Snowball I.  As I said above, I realize that bad circumstances can wreak havoc on people's lives, but why do they feel they have the right to hold on to the kit until their problems are resolved?   

I just spent some time reading through all 18 pages of this thread trying to figure out what has gone wrong and I'm coming up with nothing. No where have I ever seen anyone state that they were unable to complete their part of the build and there has never been any kind of allotted time limits anywhere. If there were any I think they had already been violated  by a few others before Slant. And for the life of me I'm still trying to figure out what Monte has to do with any of this, he was never one of the builders involved in this project, he just showed up with his pitchfork and torches to complain about something I guess. There seems to be a lot of that on these forums.

Slant has been part of this forum longer than most anyone else involved in this build and I doubt he's trying to take advantage of the situation or pull something over on you guys. The accident he had a few months ago probably has prevented him from building for a while. I can't imagine how long it would take me to get back to building after having an injury like that. Stay calm and build on, I'm sure it will all get resolved.

Jim

Bad Brad #2, There are plenty of people who watch this build who would like to see it finished. There are plenty of people who were denied a chance to participate, but read every post. Even if we never touch the model, we do have time invested in it.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, this is the third such "snowball" I have watched that has ended with the model vanishing/person becoming uncontactable for whatever reason.

What I fail to see is what makes you, and the fellow who told me where to go last week think you have any more right to comment that we do. We have every right to make comments and suggestions in a public forum in which we have been reading/participating without being told off.

Bad Brad #2, There are plenty of people who watch this build who would like to see it finished. There are plenty of people who were denied a chance to participate, but read every post. Even if we never touch the model, we do have time invested in it.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, this is the third such "snowball" I have watched that has ended with the model vanishing/person becoming uncontactable for whatever reason.

What I fail to see is what makes you, and the fellow who told me where to go last week think you have any more right to comment that we do. We have every right to make comments and suggestions in a public forum in which we have been reading/participating without being told off.

Just wanted to quote this incase some one came along and edited it.

Nowhere did I read that this build is over -so saying it's the third time you've seen them end this way is not accurate. I've been following along this build from the start also .  Ron hasn't vanished nor has the kit that Casey (the guy who told you where to go) donated .

You're right about voicing our own opinion -this is mine .