Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 lowrider tour!

wgflatliner

Hey everybody!

I am starting up a lowrider build off and would be interested in having some folks joining in! Trying to keep the idea of the lowrider magazine tour, this would be the same concept but on a smaller scale.

Here are some general rules:

You can use any car truck or van that you want.

You can build a traditional lowrider with the wire wheels or mags, or you can build a bomb style lowrider. Euro cars are ok too.

Paint can be anything from mild to wild, same as interior.

More than one entry is ok.

Deadline is December 31 2012

On my bench I have a revell 63 impala, and so far I have only got as far as opening the doors and shaving the handles. In progress is the door jambs.

It's going to have multiple shades of green over a gold base and I'm gonna call it leprechaun. Gold wheels.

So who else wants in on this?

Builders list:

Flatliner 1963 impala Leprechaun

Cool hand (Luke) 62 belair

Joker (James) 76 caprice

Steve milberry 74 glasshouse caprice

Moparmagiclives (Shane) 57 Chevy

Cranky 65 ford ranchero

Sam cates 66 riviera

Edited by wgflatliner

alright, some small amount of progress outside of working on my 1:1 project.

i did manage to get the frame painted. started by spraying gloss black, then alclad chrome followed with alclad transparent yellow to get the gold look.

DSC03600.jpg

i will try to get to working on the door jambs here in a bit and save the other hinge for the model club meeting tonight as a way of sharing doc's knowledge in making hinges.

Mark, that's some great progress. You guys got me salivatin' over doing one of these. And although I want to build a 62 Impala, I think I found my subject for this build.

$(KGrHqFHJBcE63VgygIfBO8B7o(z6w~~60_3.JPG

It's on its way and I can't wait to get it so I can start. Should be here by the weekend.

Mark, that's some great progress. You guys got me salivatin' over doing one of these. And although I want to build a 62 Impala, I think I found my subject for this build.

$(KGrHqFHJBcE63VgygIfBO8B7o(z6w~~60_3.JPG

It's on its way and I can't wait to get it so I can start. Should be here by the weekend.

That's going to look awesome, Virgil! Can't wait to see it

Btw the carpet monster ate my water pump last night. If I can't find it I will need to buy another kit.

Edited by wgflatliner

Put a panty hose on the vacuum cleaner and see it you can pit up that way. I hate it when that happens.

The worst part: I had it being held by an alligator clip. I heard a "ping" and watched it fly across the room, heard it hit a cardboard box, and it seems as if the cardboard box ate it. I literally saw where it hit yet it still evades me.

Steve, we'll see what challenges that rear suspension will create. I am hoping I won't have to cut the bed, but I just might have to . . . we'll see. I'm also planning to use those wheels that come with the kit on another build . . .

Very exciting. I hope more folks jump in, in particular if you've never built a low rider.