Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reliable Resin

Hey Guys

If "anyone" has questions in regards to their orders

email them directly to me here > ReliableResin@aol.com

( please don't reply through the forums or any other venue )

I receive over 20 > 30 emails a day & honestly guy's I don't type well or fast

replying to emails consumes alota time *again I don't type well or fast

I've found it much more productive use of my time , to stay focused in the shop

actually Pouring Rubber / Resin & filling orders ,,,, than back here on the "box"

Please note that we do request at least 4 > 6 weeks w/ direct orders from Reliable Resin

Jason & Phil , I did reply to your emails , ck your spam folders

Thanks for your patience & understanding

Don

In Don's defense, I have been in contact with him and he has been in contact with me.

Like any small business he is probably caught in the dreaded zone of staying a one-man-band or taking on help.

In today's economy it is prolly best to stay small and wait it out.

I appreciate Reliable for staying in business and providing his service.

Hoping to purchase some of Don's items in the near future.

My opinion,

Thanks,

Rick

Edited by limoman39

• 3 weeks later...

Just a update i did recive a email from don after i stared this post and was told he would be sending my order in a week but still havent recived it and that was over 3 weeks ago. its a bit worrying considering i placed this order in augast and still havent recived it i live in New Zealand and have no choice but to buy aftermarket parts and model kits from the internet and have had no problems with dealing with anyone till this

That is strange because i've shipped to a friend in Australia and he got 10 of my packages in no more than 9 days.

yea i know what you mean i have placed orders with slixx and model express a coulpe of times since my order from reliable resin and a order from scale dreams and recived them after a week of placing the order. don did say it will be 4 to 6 weeks to send the order which is fair enough because he probably has to make the stuff but over 3 months for a order that im not even sure im going to ever get is a bit extreme

In Don's defense...

My opinion,

Thanks,

Rick

Why do we never see posts that start with "In ModelMartin's defense...", or "In Don Holthaus's defense...", or "In Norman Veber's defense..."? Why is it always Reliable Resin?

Ok i just got done with placing my order with reliable resin when i was filling out the form i was "reading" it. it says 4 to 6 week

just give him time i think its well worth the wait.

orderForm.jpg

josh

thanks don...

for putting up with the others and keep working hard for us

post-4809-1259130661_thumb.jpg

Ok i just got done with placing my order with reliable resin when i was filling out the form i was "reading" it. it says 4 to 6 week

just give him time i think its well worth the wait.

orderForm.jpg

josh

thanks don...

for putting up with the others and keep working hard for us

yea i realise thats its 4-6 weeks but its been about 13 weeks and he doesnt reply to my emails and the last email he replyed to was about 3-4 weeks ago and he said he was sending it that week and i know it only takes about 7-10 days for Stuff form America to get to New Zealand unless it goes by sea freight which i doubt he would have sent it by sea

yea i realise thats its 4-6 weeks but its been about 13 weeks and he doesnt reply to my emails and the last email he replyed to was about 3-4 weeks ago and he said he was sending it that week and i know it only takes about 7-10 days for Stuff form America to get to New Zealand unless it goes by sea freight which i doubt he would have sent it by sea

Well, unfortunately it seems pretty obvious that he hasn't sent it yet.

Having to wait over 3 months for a resin product is absurd, and the lack of communication sure as hell doesn't help things.

Thats just terrible business practices if you ask me.

I'll bet " Mr. Reliable" didn't wait 3 months to add your money to his bank account.

I'm sorry to hear this man, hope it somehow works out for you.

Edited by J. Sauber

i know it only takes about 7-10 days for Stuff form America to get to New Zealand unless it goes by sea freight which i doubt he would have sent it by sea

The US Postal Service no longer ships anything overseas by surface mail. Everything is airmail or it doesn't go!

I know this doesn't help Jason's plight but these posts are a reminder to me that there are very few (2 or3) resin vendors that I KNOW I can send an order to and get prompt, RELIABLE service from. The rest I buy it when I can lay my hands on it, like at shows or swap meets.

We all tire of the posts like these because we feel like we are being held hostage. Don admits to not wanting to hang out at "the box" answering emails-fine, get someone to do it for you then Don. I am sure there is someone you can rely on to respond to the inquiries while you are pouring rubber & resin.

I hope that business is that busy for Don and he just can't keep up with the orders. I would hate to think that we have yet another vendor who produces a great product but with a ton of controversy that eventually it forces them to close shop.

Mike

Well, this sucks.... I am looking for an '70 AMX conversion and Reliable Resin seemed to be the only place to find it, I got an email from Don to contact him and we would discuss the details... But, I'm afraid to go any further with this! I understand the 4-6 wk delivery time but I also understand "prompt" customer service... if you want to be in business, the customer always comes first! I'm too new here to "rant" about someones service but I hope he can remedy the situation quickly and make everybody happy.... It will bode well for his business! I want my conversion kit.......! :lol:

My experience is Modelhaus, Motor City Resin Casters, and Missing Link are great at communication , quality of product and not over promissing. Reliable Resin is slow but he does get the product to you and it is good quality.

I'd go with Missing Link. I ordered from them and had my part in less than a week. Great products, great service! It took me six months and numerous emails (which he doesn't really have time to answer....) to get anything from Reliable. Oh, you'll eventually get it, and its good stuff....just be prepared for a wait and a bunch of emails.

Think about it this way.....any business that asks that you NOT air any concerns in public should raise a red flag. :D

I'd go with Missing Link. I ordered from them and had my part in less than a week. Great products, great service! It took me six months and numerous emails (which he doesn't really have time to answer....) to get anything from Reliable. Oh, you'll eventually get it, and its good stuff....just be prepared for a wait and a bunch of emails.

Think about it this way.....any business that asks that you NOT air any concerns in public should raise a red flag. :D

Six months?? Are you serious?........... Sheesh.

Other than the "money issue", I would have likely forgotten about the project entirely, and moved on to something else by then... :lol:

Life is way too darn short to be waiting around for that sillyness...Six months is a ridiculously long waiting period, regardless of quality....

Well, this sucks.... I am looking for an '70 AMX conversion and Reliable Resin seemed to be the only place to find it, I got an email from Don to contact him and we would discuss the details... But, I'm afraid to go any further with this! I understand the 4-6 wk delivery time but I also understand "prompt" customer service... if you want to be in business, the customer always comes first! I'm too new here to "rant" about someones service but I hope he can remedy the situation quickly and make everybody happy.... It will bode well for his business! I want my conversion kit.......! B)

There seems to a mistake..Missing link has been producing the AMX for 3 years now...currently i am waiting on chrome but i should have chrome parts in a week

Well Salvo, I'm with Tommy on this one. You could WAIT for RR to come up with one, OR you could place a SURE bet an go with Kevin at Missing Link! Kev's stuff is JUST LIKE the original('cept it's RESIN, natchurly) The stuff he uses LOOKS like styrene, and IS TOP QUALITY! You get ALOT for your hard earned money with Missing Link! B)B)

Well i feel for you , paying for items and never receiving them is not good. Good OLE UNRELIABLE RESINS got me once off of ebay , I bought the Mustang II prostock add ons (hood scoop , rear deck airfoils , and valve covers) and I never received them which was about a year and a half ago. It was only 12.00 so I feel I got a cheap lesson about LOONEY TUNES . He called me 3 weeks after I e-mailed him through ebay to let him know that I hadn't received my items . Super Don said he mailed them but if it didn't show up in a week he would resend them . Guess what they never came and I left him negative feedback so he decided to leave me a negative mark. I have 638 feedback with only his being my only black mark I have ever received. There are many other casters out there that take care of there customers , I guess the only way this will ever be fixed is to spread the word and for everyone not to send him any money and maybe he will dry up and blow away , and trust me I have seen some of his work from modelers who were lucky enough to get there items and trust me its not worth the wait .

Oh by the way Donald if you need to jog your memory my ebay user name is 468ratnasty.

here is a list of crediable casters with execllent quality

Time machine resin

Modelhaus

Missing link

Greg Foxx resins

Paul Rowe castings

You know my dad said every dog will have his day well its my turn Don ARFF ARFF BOW WOW :P

Edited by ratnasty