Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've only used one set. but I was happy enough with them to order more.

Are they slixx quality? , imo , No

The one set I used had some cracking during the install ,,,but considering some of the subject matter you have no other choice ,,i'm good.

I ordered several more sets about a week ago , they haven't shown up yet. but as long as they do in a timely fashion,( 3 to 6 weeks ) and I'm good

I always clear aftermarket decals with Crystal clear acrylic from Krylon.

I have had to many set of $10.00 decals off ebay fall apart as I was using them.

It is a easy and cheap way to make sure the colors do not bleed or rip while putting them on.

I use the same stuff to coat the decals I make.

Well I`m still waiting for my decals from Rick sence July. And when he responce to me everytime he said he just put them in the mail. Everytime its a different story with him. Doesn`t do good for the business thats for sure. I think Paypal should exstend there 45 days to alittle longer things do happen in live that we have no control over. But don`t lie about that there in the mail when they are not. All I want is my decals that I ordered.

John Pol

• 2 weeks later...

A little update.

It is not looking good. I even sent him a request for my money back through paypal and no response.

I have been getting other emails from people with inside information that leads me to believe it is a lost cause.

Rick is the first vendor I have ever had just take the money and run.

That being said I would have Decals by Lucas should be avoided.

It angers me soooooo much how these individuals can take money knowing they are going down ???? It has happened to me on several occasions and I have litterally lost around $2000. At times I may take a little longer than I hope but I ALWAYS send the product and at the VERY least keep customers up to date if there is an issue. Paul, I do stockers, I don't pump out pages and pages of choices but the product speaks for itself in accuracy and quality which I pride myself on.

Alan

whoopiekatdecals.com

Well here is a letter I got from Rick Lucas for decals I been waiting for sence July. To me it was every unprofessional to say the less. I told him if you treat new customers this way you won`t get much business.

Your dam $14.00 dollars is sent out to day in the dam mail! I have been in and out of *expletive deleted* hospital!

Rick Lucas

Decals By Lucas

It angers me soooooo much how these individuals can take money knowing they are going down ???? It has happened to me on several occasions and I have litterally lost around $2000. At times I may take a little longer than I hope but I ALWAYS send the product and at the VERY least keep customers up to date if there is an issue. Paul, I do stockers, I don't pump out pages and pages of choices but the product speaks for itself in accuracy and quality which I pride myself on.

Alan

whoopiekatdecals.com

I will deffinetly be giving you a try as i can kiss my 112.00 order to rick goodbye he is very rude and unproffesional

This is a repeat of what I see here much too often . Comments about poor service . Followed by angry responses by the offended party . Cussing , redacted or not , is inappropriate . We all understand issues beyond your control . Don't respond when you are recovering and angry about the situation you are in . It only reflects badly on yourself . I'm sure this is the opposite of what you wanted to state and accomplish . Plus this is not the result you wanted . Sure this is the first time you got to respond . I applaud your efforts to communicate reasons for delay . The result was less achieved in this case . I am not taking sides . My intent is to state the obvious IMHO . Based on my Hospitalizations and recoveries , I know what you are dealing with an how /why you reacted as you did . Again IMHO ; "place brain in gear before engaging mouth" . Thanx ..

This is not Ricks first chance to respond to people since July. He has been responding to those he wants to and filling orders with what he has in stock for new orders while ignoring the rest of his customers.

If he can fill new orders and answer emails for a chosen few then he has decided very much on purpose to ignore others.

As I have said before, I do not mind waiting. It is just a hobby, just communicate what is going on and what the time line will be.

There is a lot more to this story from what I have been told by people who were involved with Decals by Lucas.

I just hope someone else gets the artwork and can take Ricks place as a vendor for us Drag racing builders.

I have dealt with Rick on a number of occassions and he always had good communication and good decals. He has even immediately refunded money for decals that he could not supply for whatever reason. This has unfortunately changed during 2012 and I have been getting sporadic replies to my emails for a set of decals I ordered in January 2012. He did at one point explain he was having problems with his artist who allegedly took some of his decal masters, and had given a deadline for their return otherwise he would pursue him in Court. Unfortunately that reply was in July, and I haven't heard anything since. We all have our problems in life, and I don't mind waiting and giving someone some room and time to straighten their problems out, but as said by others, some communication as to the progress of matters would be appreciated, instead of email after email being ignored. I have posted this on another board as well, and I will have no problem posting any action Rick takes to fill my order and let you all know how it turns out. We need aftermarket suppliers to keep our hobby diverse and growing. And they need us to buy their product, and keep their businesses alive.