Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Car!

man how do you know all these? :unsure:

yes Chris it is a Bugeye Sprite

try this guys

huh.jpg

Is that one of those b+b creations? It looks like a 924 Turbo/931 converted to a wagon. (Done for luxo tax exemptions in some Euro countries in the 80s.)

[ Correct again, 924. Has the fender flares of the Carrera GT so may be based on that model

As far as my car knowledge goes, I spent all my youth , and a lot of my adult life, building mndels, slot racing, and buruing my nose in car mags. So I guess all of that kinda sunk in!

I guess I can give you that but another source says an early 944? :P

As far as my car knowledge goes, I spent all my youth , and a lot of my adult life, building mndels, slot racing, and buruing my nose in car mags. So I guess all of that kinda sunk in!

yeah but imports? ;)

I guess I can give you that but another source says an early 944? :P

yeah but imports? ;)

You could a flairless 944 or non-widebody 944. It looks like a 944.

Porsche did build some "estate wagons" Basically a 944 with a Passat roof.

You could a flairless 944 or non-widebody 944. It looks like a 944.

Porsche did build some "estate wagons" Basically a 944 with a Passat roof.

Yea, its hard to tell if its a 924 or 944 without seeing the rest of it. I will reluctantly admit that next to my stack of Car Model, Street Rodder, and Car Craft magazines was a pile of ( wince ) Road and Track mags. Dont shoot me!

I think I can see enough of the dash to say 924. I don't think 944s had that awful dashboard from the 924s. (I mean, could you put the radio in a more convenient place besides right in front of the base of the shifter?) That, and that back bumper sure does look like 924.....

Yea, its hard to tell if its a 924 or 944 without seeing the rest of it. I will reluctantly admit that next to my stack of Car Model, Street Rodder, and Car Craft magazines was a pile of ( wince ) Road and Track mags. Dont shoot me!

I am pretty sure the early 944 and 924 had those stupid round side refelctors.

Plus it looks like 944 review mirrors that are square and color coded. vs the more round black 924 mirrors.

I can't find anything on 924 wagons, but quiet a bit is found on 944 wagons.

You gotta know what to Google.....

Try this link: http://www.924.org/models/ShootingBrake.htm

If you google "924 Shooting Brake" This is what I found.

:angry:

What I found was a couple websites that said it was a DP motorsport conversion based on a 944 platform, 10 were built and there are kits availble for 10 more.

http://993c4s.com/cars/porsche-944-cars/po...-dp-motorsport/

Don't forget Car & Driver and of course Motor Trend magazines either........ B)

I personally will never read another C&D because they clearly hold some bias against Porsche.

hey, what's wrong with Road and Track :D

You gotta know what to Google.....

Try this link: http://www.924.org/models/ShootingBrake.htm

If you google "924 Shooting Brake" This is what I found.

:o

hey..you found it! :lol: I also saw the same pic somewhere else and they said 944, but that says 924 :P WHICH ONE IS IT!!! Alright Euro boy, you both have good reasons B)

Who would want a Porsche anyways? :P I did kind of notice that though

Guest zebm1

As to me or any others guessing which car is what, Draggoon has already fingered it out, long before our brains have even gotten outa 1st gear. :huh:

man how do you know all these? :blink:

yes Chris it is a Bugeye Sprite

try this guys

huh.jpg

:huh: been around cars for a long long time. :o Ya just start to memorize shapes, layouts, wheels, bodylines, little details that makes that car unique and specific to that car's make and model.

I figured it was a bugeye but no way to know for sure if it was modified with a different bonnet.

But, the wheels said British race car all over them, and the door outline was definitely Sprite.

Some take a little more work, like, "oh yeah that looks like it came from this or that manufacture, or designer." Just need to pin down the specific model.

Sometimes it is, "Oh yeah, I seen one of those... what the heck was it agian?"

looks like an Audi or has Audi influence.......is it European? :lol:

Kind of looks like a Crossfire which would explaine the Euro look.

Might be a Bentley next generation coupe.

Edited by CAL

As to me or any others guessing which car is what, Draggoon has already fingered it out, long before our brains have even gotten outa 1st gear. :lol:

Man, Ive got too much time on my hands!

But I cant get that Euro-concept-ugly-bugatti-chrysler-ish one.

Oh yeah...it does, well the germans basically did the Crossfire, isn't it based off a Mercedes? :rolleyes:

is it an early prototype?

Yes on a CL or CLK chassis.

Looks like Bentley badging.

Edited by CAL