Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got this a while ago, but just brought it home today.

1940 Dodge dump, in suprisingly solid shape other than the front fenders and lower door skins. It'll be broken down over the course of the winter for a little refurbishing. That's the plan, anyway.

So, ya gonna paint it Blue and Yellow, then for Home Games fill the Dumper with Beer and Ice to be Dumped in the U of M's parking lot 3 hours before "the" game ? :D

So, ya gonna paint it Blue and Yellow, then for Home Games fill the Dumper with Beer and Ice to be Dumped in the U of M's parking lot 3 hours before "the" game ? :D

WRONG COLORS.It's supposed to be GREEN AND WHITE. :D

The only thing I'd dump in U of M's parking lot is a load of manure. :lol:

Nah, in all reality, as long as a Michigan team wins, it's all good. But if it's a face-off between A2 and Lansing, I'm gonna root for the Spartans. :D

WRONG COLORS.It's supposed to be GREEN AND WHITE. :D

The only thing I'd dump in U of M's parking lot is a load of manure. :lol:

Nah, in all reality, as long as a Michigan team wins, it's all good. But if it's a face-off between A2 and Lansing, I'm gonna root for the Spartans. :D

Hey it was just a W.A.G. :rolleyes: never followed Collage Football. Heck in H.S. I didn't play "Stinky" sports, I was in Swimming and Water Polo B):D :D

Cool ride Chuck. It must have been close to use the tractor to bring it home .

A mere three miles- catch was a few dead trees had to come down. Also had to dig it out of the ground a little- hence having an old Minneapolis Moline laying around was pretty handy.

And no, no blue and yeller for this one- though it'll be something loud and irritating- maybe one of the Mopar late '60's 'High Impact' colors.

Made a trip to Indy, hit the two main shops there, plus the Hobby Lobby in Laffeyette. Got the Revell GMC/snowplow, AMT Avanti, both AMT tire sets, Modeus 300, Tamiya Subaru BR-Z, AMT Munster Coach, and a Revell '37 Ford pickup. Also picked up a MCG items, styrene stock, and few Hot wheels I thought were cool.

.005-1.jpg008-1.jpg006-1.jpg007-1.jpg

I also picked up a Lego set for mt nephew, who's real big into Star Wars.

009-1.jpg

Made a trip to Indy, hit the two main shops there, plus the Hobby Lobby in Laffeyette. Got the Revell GMC/snowplow, AMT Avanti, both AMT tire sets, Modeus 300, Tamiya Subaru BR-Z, AMT Munster Coach, and a Revell '37 Ford pickup. Also picked up a MCG items, styrene stock, and few Hot wheels I thought were cool.

.005-1.jpg008-1.jpg006-1.jpg007-1.jpg

I also picked up a Lego set for mt nephew, who's real big into Star Wars.

009-1.jpg

What shops did you hit? The wife let me do some birthday shopping today, I hit a couple myself! I'll post pics of the haul later.

A mere three miles- catch was a few dead trees had to come down. Also had to dig it out of the ground a little- hence having an old Minneapolis Moline laying around was pretty handy.

And no, no blue and yeller for this one- though it'll be something loud and irritating- maybe one of the Mopar late '60's 'High Impact' colors.

How about Panther Pink? :P

Panther_Pink_Challenger_440_RT_by_Partywave.jpg

dag!!! thats my 2nd holy grail! nice haul!! ebay?

Yes, Bought them off ebay about 2 weeks ago exactly as shown . The promo I have no interest to keep ( already re-listed it )

I've been on the lookout for 1963 Johan Dodge kits / builders for a while. And they seem to typically pull more $$$$ than I'm willing to spend. But this one wasn't to bad on the wallet.. I paid about $80 for the pair, What I end up having in it ???,,, depends on what the promo re-sells for.

this one gives me 2 kits/builders. 1st one I bought a looooong time ago and I think I paid $35 for it back then.

The UPS guy just dropped off my sweepstakes winning Tom Daniels Kit, Bad Medicine, that the folks at Kalmbach sent me for ordering the SA Contest 2012 issue. Apparently they drew random names and gave away some kits, nice to win something! A couple of years ago I did an online survey with them and a month later I got a new airbrush from them, another random drawing win!

Probably going to hold on to this and offer it up for trade when some new releases come out.

Edited by mikemodeler

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...