Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lincoln Futura

Ron35369

Very nice built and with a nice color !

I`m "happy" to see the body assembly was a challenge not only for me. But what might be expected from a 50 years old kit - after 50 years we shall be bent a bit too.

I built my one in the exhibitions color and got an additional portion of problems with opening the doors.

Here it is:

Nice job opening the doors and hinging the canopy!

I agree with Harry, great job of opening the doors & canopy.

It really is a nice build. I've never seen a Futura that ISN'T a Batmobile, so it's a cool change for me. I built the Polar Lights Batmobile a little while back (pics HERE along with my other recent builds), and even though the body was still multi-piece, it fit together perfectly. I'm sure that with some mods, you could do the opposite to the norm: buy a Batmobile and build it as a "normal" car!

• 10 months later...

Nice job!

I seem to recall seeing an old photo of the original Ford showcar, and it was painted what appeared to be pearl white. That's what I plan to do with mine, if/when I ever get around to finishing the kit I started years ago.

I wonder if this kit, or Revell's multi-piece-body '60 Corvette, rank as the top of the list of unfinished builds....

• 3 weeks later...