Model Cars Magazine Forum

About the upcoming convert. Hudson...

Jon Cole

True. But the model is nicely done, even so. And from the response I've seen here on the forum, very popular, too!

I'm sure it has been. But this thing is so loaded with chrome requirements (and I haven't seen a good BMF job on it yet, not even from the makers) that I wouldn't touch it. There are plenty of kits out there that have dealt with this concern and made beautiful chrome trim. In my opinion, this kit in any form suffers from lack of proper chrome engineering and will always look like a toy kit.

Edited by sjordan2

Just a guess here, but maybe tooling $$$ played into their decision.

I know that some guys will actually take the chrome trim (if it's a separate piece), strip the chrome, glue it in place, then paint the body and foil the chrome! Seems bizarre to me... I prefer as many chrome trim pieces as possible to be separate chrome parts. To me it's much easier to glue separate wipers in place than to foil molded-in ones, for example. Just my personal preference. I think a separate chrome side spear gives a much cleaner and more realistic look than one that's molded in place and foiled. But the molded-in trim on the Hudson would never keep me from buying the kit.

I'm sure it has been. But this thing is so loaded with chrome requirements (and I haven't seen a good BMF job on it yet, not even from the makers) that I wouldn't touch it. There are plenty of kits out there that have dealt with this concern and made beautiful chrome trim. In my opinion, this kit in any form suffers from lack of proper chrome engineering and will always look like a toy kit.

Didja miss this foiling job.....??

52_hudson_convert1.jpg

• 3 months later...

Here's some kit pics of the kit that came in the mail the other day.

I like this one!

Great job to the Moebius gang and our friend Sean Svendsen for his great box art and build of the car.

I like that the gas filler cap is not a separate piece: I lost two of them already...

post-3-0-36563300-1338199690_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-74876900-1338199696_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-59711700-1338199702_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-07731700-1338199708_thumb.jpg

That's about the only thing I've found I'm not too fond of on my Hornet- the loose gas door. I understand why the did it, but still...

The Ebony Black/Toro Red is a striking combination. I'm leaning towards Boston Ivory with red, similar to my Friend Norm's 1951 Commodore 6 convertible.

Despite the little hiccups, the Hornet is still one of the nicest kits I've seen overall in quite some time. I'll look forward to grabbing one of the convertibles, too.

Charlie Larkin

I just wanted to say, I think it's awesomely cool of Moebius to not only make so many different versions, but to go to the trouble of fixing these little things that are found along the way after the kit is released. Keep making car kits Moebius guys, and we'll keep buying them! BIG thumbs up. B)

What he said!

B)

Fender skirts have been corrected on the Convertible and will be corrected on future production of the coupe.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'm glad to hear that ! Keep up the great work ....... I can't wait to hear what's next on the car-truck list !!

Steve

Moebius has already become my favorite model kit producer. I will buy the convertible, even tho I haven't finished the hardtop.

Do I see two sets of wheels on that chrome tree? :huh:;)

If this is a test shot, the steel wheels may not be included. The '53 Club Coupe preproduction kits had the steel wheels as well, but they were not included in the standard production kit. Now, I'm speculating, the convertible might include both wheels, but just saying don't hold your breath. B)