Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge L-700 not stock. Updated April 17

This kit will be my next wip. It is not going to be built stock. Plans call for it to be lowered and have some custom modifications to the cab and interior. The stock wheels and tires are being replaced with some 1/18 th. ones from GMP meant for their die-cast can am cars. I know there is a door fit issue and also fidgety door hinges so the doors may be glued in if I encounter a problem with them. I can see what I want it to look like in my minds eye but weither I can pull it off or not remains to be seen.

dodge001_zpsf1bf37ff.jpg

Edited by cobraman

Sure here you go every thing is waiting for painting at the moment

post-10436-0-41891900-1364909248_thumb.jpost-10436-0-00428000-1364909291_thumb.j

post-10436-0-06546900-1364909353_thumb.jpost-10436-0-30711900-1364909322_thumb.j

This has to be the most translusent plastic that ive ever seen but it seems ok to work with . The front axels still need cutting down to the right lenth . The trailer biult up with no problems at all and looks good ! the 40's ford needs a ton of work .The doors on the L700 fit ok but they need the hinges reworked

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found some time to work on this wip. Some parts painted and some only primed. Wanted to install a Viper engine but my buddy was anable to find the one he had. I decided to just go forward. All I had was a couple of Ford small blocks so I thought I would just go with the stocker so I could go forward. The mock up will give you some idea of where I am headed. Comments are always welcome good or bad.

l7003rd001_zps47e40506.jpg[/url

l7003rd002_zpsae7d72ba.jpg

l7003rd003_zps9ab913ba.jpg

Made a little more headway on this thing. Still lots to do but getting closer. Body is cleared and is out in the paint booth ( cardboard box : ) . I decided I will make this a short flat bed. So far the kit has not been too much trouble but I have yet to hang the doors. Comments always welcome.

l7004001_zpsbd541acd.jpg

l7004003_zpsfd8a7dc9.jpg

Thanks guys. I plan to make it a flat bed and have the wood already. I want to make it as a carrier for a drag car I think. The deck will be short so it will need to be a short car. I have ordered the new Opel GT kit and I hope it will be short enough because I know a long deck would look stupid with this short wheel base. Other options may be a Miget racer or maybe a motorcyle or two.

Thats a good question. I guess we have to imagine a long ramp to drive it up and down. I just got the new release of the Opel GT and think that may go on the flatbed. Same problem getting it up there. : ) BTW the build id done and I will post photos in the 'Under Glass" section later.