Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Pontiac Le Mans

Space Cowboy

That is pretty cool. I carpool with a guy that has a 68 Tempest. It was nice of Model Car Garage to include Tempest badges in their photo etch sets to make this project possible. I have thought of doing this build myself just to give the guy a model of his car. I think I have an original MPC 68 GTO body somewhere. The front bumper could be ordered chrome or some sort of Enduro rubber bumper I think.

That is pretty cool. I carpool with a guy that has a 68 Tempest. It was nice of Model Car Garage to include Tempest badges in their photo etch sets to make this project possible. I have thought of doing this build myself just to give the guy a model of his car. I think I have an original MPC 68 GTO body somewhere. The front bumper could be ordered chrome or some sort of Enduro rubber bumper I think.

Hi what I did for my front bumper was cut it from the pan and did a little sanding the shape is the same on the chrome as the Enduro then I sent it to little kar co for the chrome it worked out good.

Nice start, Bruce! Are you putting a bench seat in it? How about an OHC straight-six? It's kind of sad that so many Le Mans and Tempests were hacked up to restore GTOs or to make clone GTOs; they are nice cars in their own right. I guess hacking up a model of a GTO to make a Le Mans is poetic justice :D

Nice start, Bruce! Are you putting a bench seat in it? How about an OHC straight-six? It's kind of sad that so many Le Mans and Tempests were hacked up to restore GTOs or to make clone GTOs; they are nice cars in their own right. I guess hacking up a model of a GTO to make a Le Mans is poetic justice :D

Hi your right they did hack up a lot of Le Mans and Tempests it,s to bad try to find one to restor.Anyway I am putting the OHC-6 in my 68 and Im looking for a bench to.I posted my 68 and a 64 I doing but I am also doing a 67 that will also have the 6 and bench just like the one my dad had and that was the car I took my frist drivers test in.