Model Cars Magazine Forum

RATOUTOFHELL--Cranky's 2008 Holloween Build--R U Ready?

Dr. Cranky

Speaking of Holloween, this is as much as I've gotten done on this sucker today . . . tomorrow ill be another day . . . but don't be fooled by it's Egyptian mummy flair so far . . . this thing is bound to look meaner . . . ahem, ahem!

:D:lol::lol:

IMG_0007-vi.jpg

I decided to work on that Mohawk idea . . . and also block the interior so the red light will pour out of it better . . .

IMG_0011-vi.jpg

A Mohawk made of bones, of course . . . what else?

IMG_0014-vi.jpg

The only warning I can give you guys right now is don't let this one's miniscule size fool you!!!

A spiney Mohawk made out of toothpicks . . . sure . . .

IMG_0015-vi.jpg

Tune in for more progress tomorrow . . . as . . .

RATOUTOFHELL comes ALIVE!!!

Greetings, my fellow Holloweeners! :lol:

Old Cranky here to wish you all great weather on this first Thursday in October.

Well, let's see where we are today with the RATOUTOFHELL build . . . .ah yes, a little more progress . . .

Since I decided this particular spunky rat was not going to be just merely earth bound, I scratch-built the chassis rails with enough room to fit a different type of mill which is known in these parts as an Allison Engine, but which I call the defribulator!!!

Thank heavens for that ultra expensive parts pack rerelease from AMT just in time to allow for this one to soar . . .

IMG_0001-vi.jpg

Of course it takes longer to dechrome all the beautiful parts than it takes to assemble. It really is a great mill, this Allison!

IMG_0004-vi.jpg

Anyhoo, stay tuned in for more progress . . . . a little progress a day keeps the psychologists away (Shoo, Psychologists! Shoo!!)!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hum, if you are gonna have a spiney mohawk, then you need sharp teeth on your grill!!!

That's my story and I'm sticking with it . . . enjoy today's pics . . . .

IMG_0002-vi.jpg

IMG_0003-vi.jpg

Yes!!! Teeth so that it can maul you better!!!

Edited by DamnCranky

Well, my friends, here we are on the first TGIF of October . . . in just a few short weeks we'll all be waiting for the trickortreaters to show up at our door so that we can give them a good scare . . . or rather, ahem, so they can give US a good scare . . . something like that.

Well, yesterday I thought that perhpas--since I watched the RATOUTOFHELL thread plummet like the stock market and almost go into that second page of oblivion--nobody was interested in keeping abreast of the build, but thank goodness I was wrong . . .

I kept thinking: gee, this is a tough crowd, if they are not impressed by a boney, spiney Mohawk and almost 18 scale feet of frame to hold up that Allison, I mean what? WHAT? What could impress this tough crowd of onlookers?

And then I cheered up and went to bed to dream up some more possibilities for this rat, my rat, my most favorite of all rats.

RATOUTOFHELL!!!

So, with that said, stay tuned in for Friday's surprise, which I hope will not only make you scratch your head but make your mouth form the word WOW!!!

Get ready, here it comes . . . :P;):lol:

Edited by DamnCranky

So you go to bed as a builder of usual, down-to-earth rats and something invades your dreams . . . something beastial and beautiful . . . and ancient . . . and you start your journey of dragon hunting!

DRAGONS? Yes!!! Fire-spitting, breathing, clawing, cave-dweling, carnivorous DRANGONS!!!

Like this one:

IMG_0002-vi.jpg

A beast with beautiful wings and tail, and a nasty disposition . . .

IMG_0004-vi.jpg

And you ask yourself: Where could I find such a beast? On Ebay (Perhaps) on Amazon? (Yes!)

And you ask yourself: Who makes it?

McFarlane Toys . . .

And more questions inundate you: what kind of rubber or plastic is it? Will I be able to paint it the way I want . . .

And the questions keep coming: And what the hell does a dragon have anything to do with a rat rod?

Have you lost your mind? Perhaps!!!

But now you know the formula for this build, which is:

32 Ford Coupe + Allison Engine + Dragon? = RATOUTOFHELL.

Really?

Really.

Just stay tuned in . . .

Hum . . . you sure? You sure you are ready?

Are you?

Are you sure?

You gotta be sure now.

You have to be emotionally ready.

Are you, eh?

Are you . . . okay, stay tuned in . . .

Hmmmm.... Let me think....

I don't know....

It might be a possibility....

It could also be a close call....

Still thinking....

Not really sure yet....

Well, at least I can tell you this much....

OH HELL YEAH BUDDY!!!! BRING IT ON!!!!

:P:lol:

Ah, poor little dragon, this one flew to my roof perch last night and I lured it down to my dungeon with scraps of scrapple and cheesesteak sandwhich morsels, and then of course, I shot a poisoned-frog dart at its neck, a sedative really so it will not feel any pain when ###### Cranky, the Dragon Butcher, picks up his sharpened cleave . . .

Oh, pretty pretty dragon . . .

Look, you can see the fear in the twinkle in his eyes . . .

IMG_0006-vi.jpg

:lol::P:lol:

(You can tell this is just way too much fun, can't cha?)

Darn it, this thing is a beast and it won't hold still for that ###### Cranky, The Dragon Butcher, can do his work!

Hold still, you beastly creature. HOLD STILL!!! :lol::P:lol:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!

Sheesh, that was a workout . . . and the cleaning up of the mess . . . I'm worn out . . .

All of that work, but you know the beast gave up its best parts . . . and that's what matters . . . but I'm beat already and it's not even 9am yet!!! :lol::P:lol:

IMG_0012-vi.jpg

Man, these things don't have that much meat in them . . . and they are made of this weird flexible plastic/rubber . . .

IMG_0013-vi.jpg

Anybody in the mood for some dragon head soup for lunch?

It's more like Dragon's Blue Tongue soup . . . :lol::P:lol:

Now that I have chopped off the good parts, the wings and tail, I'm keeping the body and head because I need to study the scales and the way the texture on this puppy looks so that I can . . . so that I can . . .

WAIT!!!

I don't want to give away too much . . . not yet anyways!!! :lol::lol::lol:

It's more like Dragon's Blue Tongue soup . . . :lol::P:lol:

Now that I have chopped off the good parts, the wings and tail, I'm keeping the body and head because I need to study the scales and the way the texture on this puppy looks so that I can . . . so that I can . . .

WAIT!!!

I don't want to give away too much . . . not yet anyways!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Too late.... I see it coming.... :o

Aha! You see it coming, do ya?

Well for those of you interesting in pushing the boundaries . . . here's a site you can look around in for all sorts of interesting stuff . . ..

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/home.jsp

Don't blame me if you lose your mind thinking of all sorts of crazy possibilities to expand your builds into fantasy . . . :lol::P:lol: