Model Cars Magazine Forum

2008 shelby gt500

evilone

saw this today at hobby lobby and almost bought it, too new so i decided to wait for someone to bite the bullet and buy one first. ive been drawing out a really neat project for one of these if the kits pretty good quality.

so how is the fitment and quality of the wheels engine and body?

Edited by conor1148

I've been working on the '06 Shelby. I haven't had too much to complain about so far. Getting real close to final assembly and it looks good. There might be a problem with the wheels being centered in the wheelwells. Not sure yet. I put some extra detail in the engine compartment because it looked empty. 001-2.jpg020-2.jpg011-2.jpg

Dagnabbit dude cars got so much power ya lost control of it and wrecked the box. I'll watch this one see how it comes out

what can i say i went from 85mph to 0mph in about the length fo a football field in my death wagon the box slammed into the devider wall and the casket slammed into the box LOL

saw this today at hobby lobby and almost bought it, too new so i decided to wait for someone to bite the bullet and buy one first. ive been drawing out a really neat project for one of these if the kits pretty good quality.

so how is the fitment and quality of the wheels engine and body?

its not bad needs a little trim here and there from what little slag there is

but im not sure about the fitment of the wheels for the fact im going with some custom ones B)

B) Looks GOOD so far EVE. I like the color an tha stripes. But, your "ghetto" paint booth looks like some folk's homes around here! Hey, I thought you lived in S.Cali, What would you need a furnace for? UNLESS it's to burn the evidence!. Just don't inhale while it's burnin, caz it shows up in yer wee! :lol:

B) Looks GOOD so far EVE. I like the color an tha stripes. But, your "ghetto" paint booth looks like some folk's homes around here! Hey, I thought you lived in S.Cali, What would you need a furnace for? UNLESS it's to burn the evidence!. Just don't inhale while it's burnin, caz it shows up in yer wee! :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(stop to breath)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nah bro the furnace belongs to the house

this old junk box was made in 1952

the builders rode dino's to work then :D

thanks bro :D

Great job so far on the car - Of course it's your choice on the interior colors but I would go with black or dark grey with inserts close to the exterior color kind of a leather and suede type look - just my .02 i'm more of a keep it looking stock type interior person - like on my 1:1 mustang (2000 GT) prefer the go-fast goodies instead of ricing up the interior(no-offence to those who like the riced up cars they can have cool stuff but for an import)