Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stephanie's Rose- Halibrand-equipped '41 Willys - Completed 5-4-2014!

Art Laski

Being new around here, i have not seen this build before, and i have built a few Willy's over the years, they are a great kit, with great results, so with interest i started at the beginning, and read every single entry. I have to agree with what every body else has already said.

This is one amazingly detailed build, probably one of the best i have seen, an absolute credit to you Art, like every one else, looking forward to the next update.

Brad, hopefully this can help you out, but this is your last dose!

Here are the last pics I took of the WIP before finishing it up for the So Cal NNL last Sunday.
DSCF3992-vi.jpg
DSCF3991-vi.jpg
It will be headed under glass as soon as I can get some shots taken of the finished build.
In the meantime, here are some pics my friend Fuelish Spectator shot at the NNL.
DSCF0050-vi.jpg
DSCF0051-vi.jpg
DSCF0052-vi.jpg
DSCF0053-vi.jpg
DSCF0054-vi.jpg
DSCF0055-vi.jpg
Thanks to all you guys supporting me on this one along the way! Special thanks to John Teresi for the initial kit, inspiration, and building tips.

Art... I have to ask what color and brand of tans have you used for the interior. Its a perfect color

Chris, my friend, just realized I didn't answer you. Sorry about that. The interior paint is nothing more than Testors Flat Interior Tan enamel, thinned with lacquer thinner. I was going for the look you would see today at the Grand National Roadster show on some of the current 1:1 interiors by Mangus, etc. The color was just what I was looking for.

Art, what a beautiful piece of work, very nice in every aspect and one to be very proud of. Look forward to see whats up your sleeve next.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Thanks, Charlie. Wouldn't be what it is without Pro Tech parts!

Being new around here, i have not seen this build before, and i have built a few Willy's over the years, they are a great kit, with great results, so with interest i started at the beginning, and read every single entry. I have to agree with what every body else has already said.

This is one amazingly detailed build, probably one of the best i have seen, an absolute credit to you Art, like every one else, looking forward to the next update.

Dale, I meant to thank you for the incredible compliment. Truly appreciated...

-Art

Just flat beautiful.

Thank you very much, Jeff!

Art! That's just spectacular! Great job.

Brad: "Willysitis?" Isn't that what Ms. Lewinski had?

Thanks again, Danno. So glad to have you along for the ride. I always love your commentary.

Chris, my friend, just realized I didn't answer you. Sorry about that. The interior paint is nothing more than Testors Flat Interior Tan enamel, thinned with lacquer thinner. I was going for the look you would see today at the Grand National Roadster show on some of the current 1:1 interiors by Mangus, etc. The color was just what I was looking for.

Art... Thanks brother for letting me know what color that was. That has to be one of the best looking tan colors for an interior. I know what you mean when you are looking for that certain right look and you nailed it buddy!! I am going to have to use this color sometime in one of my builds. did you mix it 1:1?? I can not wait to see what you are going to be working on next. Don't keep us waiting too long...lol

I also meant to tell you that I can't wait to see this one in person. The pics of it at the NNL's that John took looks killer.

Edited by Mooneyzs

Terrific!

I'm glad I'm not up against you in any competition..It wouldn't be worth getting mine on the table.

I'd be very surprised if this didn't sweep up trophies at NNL etc.

Truly inspirational work. Your skills amaze and motivate me.

• 3 weeks later...