Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 281 crashed duel truck

This is about to be going to a new home so I figured Id share it. I built this years ago, and just found it in a box during a clean up. This started as a Pete 351, that was actually a 358. During a botched re-build it turned into this. It has the wrong cab, wrong hood, and wrong suspension but it looks ok upside down. I have a still shot of the Duel truck at the bottom of the mountain and I wanted to reproduce it. I was starting to make a banged up trailer, and a mountainside but none of that was finished. Anywho, take a look before it goes into someone elses collection.

960469E9-577D-4570-AC83-1E8F7A766AFE.png

E7924E0D-2CD2-4A0C-B17D-60A1D001AE01.png

80C395A2-03A3-4760-92F9-17876ED50F69.png

048F0DB5-A209-4235-BA8A-E25587BD43C3.png

D10CA37B-EE44-407B-986F-594F86523F23.png

The movie trucks cab wasnt crushed. The frame is bent that way from the trailer still being attatched when it hit bottom. If you watch the crash, the trailer goes in its own direction after the truck hits, and bends the frame into a pretzel as it seperates. Ill try to find my pics.

Hey terry catch flight out here my man, i live about an hour and a half from where the movie and crash scene is. I drive by it all the time in the work truck goin up to mojave to get loaded. Id drive the work on the same road but over time it has been posted no trucks funny enough

Hey terry catch flight out here my man, i live about an hour and a half from where the movie and crash scene is. I drive by it all the time in the work truck goin up to mojave to get loaded. Id drive the work on the same road but over time it has been posted no trucks funny enough

Is the truck really still there?

Looks good!!!.......Forgot one thing though......the piece of flannel shirt caught on the fan on the dash ;)

And the blood dripping from the steering wheel..... maybe the new owner will finish all of that. This whole diorama was going to take up so much room, and I dont have a lit of display space. I may build another "correct" one someday.