Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where is...

camaroman

I know this is a sometime sensitive subject, but does anyone know where Art Anderson is? and if so please convince him to start "doing" his 40 Ford woody again. I missed it the first go around. Or better yet Jarius PLEASE do a master for someone to cast of the Forty and your Great woody ('38 I think) from a few years ago.

Art Anderson is alive and well and under the direction of the witness protection program. He sometimes shows up at the Plastic Scale Auto Builders Chat room, usually on Saturday evenings, so check that out sometime!

http://client.sigmachat.com/sc.pl?id=12510

As for the resin casting of the 1940 Ford woody.... Art sold all surviving molds and masters to an undisclosed recipient. As yet, no one has started to re-release any of "All American's" old resin stuff.

You would probably be better off doing your own scratch built 1940 Woody based on the new Revell 1940 Standard kit. Trust me, it'll be more accurate! Not that I am dis'ing Arts work.... but, the Revell kit postdates the AM '40 Woody. I have both, the Resin '40 Woody and the Revell Kit, and it would take TONS of work to make the two work together. More than once I have considered starting my own conversion rather than trying to make the resin piece fit this BEAUTIFUL Revell offering.

8)

Glenn,

I have never made a master for the resin casting industry and I probably will not do so in the future. What, within reason, could I produce that has not already been done?

Check out Resin Realm and you'll see what I mean:

http://resinrealm.net/index.html

R&R Vacuum Craft has soooo many woodies in their catalog and many are just beautiful!

If you want to build one, I wood start with one of those

:D