Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 Packard Caribbean Conv.

Porscheman

I built this one a couple of years ago and came accross it when I was reorganizing my collection. This is a Modelhaus resin. I painted it Tamiya's mica red with white and merlot interior. No clear coat was used on this build. Lots of BMF and the wire wheels were treated with black wash. Modelhaus did a beautiful job on this casting of one of my favorite 50's cars.

Thanks for looking.

Al

post-8591-0-71533500-1424805166_thumb.jp

Edited by Porscheman

Al, is it a complete kit? If not what did you use for a donor? Well done in any case. :)

Wow, I'm really suprised the all the nice comment. I thought only Ray, Rich and myself would be the only ones to remember this true classic. :lol:

Pat, It's a complete kit. Here's the link to the Modelhaus's Packard. http://www.modelhaus.com/index.php?c=4195

Thanks again,

Al

Don Holthaus does such great work! Sometimes I wonder which direction the hobby would have gone without him. He is "the" guy for replacement parts & resin cast kits IMO. Great work on the Packard Al! One of those Modelhaus kits along with the '48 Tucker that I've been eyeing for a long time. Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller