Model Cars Magazine Forum

Overhaulin' returns to Velocity

Perhaps some have known about this since March, but I just found out yesterday that Overhaulin' returns with an all new (read: not reruns) season on October 2. Chip Foose and that irritating/way creepy Chris fella, both return with the A-Team, and a new co-hostess.

http://www.chipfoose.com/ws_display.asp?filter=Home

What are your thoughts on this? Foose has both fans and detractors here I know. Personally I'm looking forward to it, I especially enjoy the reveal when grown men come unglued. It's gonna be cool.

Happy to see them lose AJ. In my opinion the eye candy just didn't fit in with the do-good intentions of the show. I'd rather watch Jessi spray sparks while welding than see AJ Armor-All a tire....

And as for Foose detractors, these are the same people whom complain about paying taxes on lottery winnings. Foofse has done more good for the automotive hobby/business than most. He can steal my junk and re-do it anytime he wants.

Except my Barracuda. I waited for years and he never showed up. I finally did it myself.

I enjoy it quite a bit, although I wish they would give more time to the actual building and painting of the vehicles and not so much about the antics and the drama set ups.

I would love to see a documentary about Foose's are and design training, etc . . . where his ideas come from . . .

Velocity was formerly HD Theater. It's a high definition channel only. As I'm typing this I'm having Verizon FIOS installed and just learned Velocity is part of a premium package that was included in my old cable provider base service. Velocity is falling between Spike and Speed as far as watchable and unbearable to watch programming. Still better than the non-stop NASCAR coverage Speed is broadcasting right now.....

No HD (old 25" CRT) and certainly no premium package. No wonder I never heard of it.

I do, however, have the old show taped (VCR) where his dad and crew rebuilt his 56 F-100 for him. I own my own 56, but its just a beat up old truck.

Edited by Brian_B

What reasons do the Foose detractors cite to detract Foose?

I met Chip Foose over 20 years ago and we are still in contact. I find him quite agreeable. We are

Also, Rob, I don't find that "Chris fella" creepy at all. I find this Duane Mayer of Boyd's fame creepy - and frankly quite irritating.

Now, that dizzy blonde they could have left in what she crept out of...

Now, that dizzy blonde they could have left in what she crept out of...

I agree on with you on Duane, but I think Jessi is a good choice. She's just another gear head, whom happens to be an average girl. What's wrong with that? Just looking forward to seeing a watchable show with talent and no phony scripted-in drama.

I have to vote with Ron. I used to love this program, just wish they showed more details of their work and the good sponsers that supplied all the goodies. I am now going to EBay to find some old piece of you know what and have my wife concoct a sob story about me and what ever I find. We can only hope.

I'm excited and I didn't know about it's return untill now, thanks! I wish they would overhaul me. :lol: I guess you have to live in California to have a chance, and they are all always so surprised! If you did live near where the show is being filmed wouldn't you be just a little suspicious if your unfinished project got stolen? And there are always tears at the end including mine. :lol:

Edited by rmvw guy

Well, I am excited. I have been dropping hints to the family, but they seem not go get it. Maybe I shouldn't make the kids watch old episodes of Overhaulin' when they don't pick up after themselves. (We call it "Overhaulin' points.) At least with my project there is ZERO tear down.

I have always been a huge Foose fan. You can piece together a history of his career through the various episodes of RIDES. Impression (on DVD) is very helpful. He talks about some of his design ideas in that one. Consistency in elements and "takin' the ugly out" are a couple that come to mind.

Courtney and Chris were ok with me. AJ just seemed uncomfortable until the last few episodes.

How hard could this be.....

I even have a windshield and hood now.

side-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Chip? Hello Chip? ...Hello?...

Bugeye2LR-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The vision of the 59 Bugeye sprite.

Edited by Scott Colmer

I have enjoyed Overhaulin' from the beginning, but I found Courtney's voice to be a bit irritating after awhile. AJ on the other hand, is far prettier than Courtney, but she is an model/actress and is not that knowledgeable about cars. I am not familiar with Jessi, so time will tell if I will like her or not. Chris Jacobs has been jumping around, going from one entertainment show to another since Overhaulin' ended in '08, and is currently on Entertainment Tonight. I am looking forward to the new season of Overhaulin' on October 2nd!

I really enjoyed Overhaulin'... back when we had cable. That was one of the first things we got rid of when the economy tanked. My wife and daughter had sent Chip several requests for him to do my '66 Corvair. They figured that, since they had already done an example of every other Chevy available in 1966, they had to do a Corvair to complete the set. It might as well have been mine! Due to the economy and not getting overtime at work, I had to sell the car in 2009.

I've seen a few episodes of this. Car building TV-programs are always enjoyable, so is this one too. Only thing I don't like in this program is that they make too modern cars for my taste. Well, overall I would be looking forward to it, but I know that new episodes will be shown maybe in 2015 here in Finland.