Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fastest deleted post I've ever seen

58 Impala

Just made a post about the ads and got deleted in 10 minutes. That's got to be one of the quickest. Too bad congress can't move that fast. Lol.

My bad, it got moved.

A shark just got jumped.

If it keeps the site running, they can advertise whatever the hell they like as far as I'm concerned :)

Amen to that, brother!

If it keeps the site running, they can advertise whatever the hell they like as far as I'm concerned :)

Yes, we have to take the good with the bad, but there are many times that those adds contain virus's and stuff that you don't want on your computer, not circling the black helicopters(Danno), just pointing out a fact, and I am not saying that the adds that are posted on this site contain any virus's , but a lot are known to , so why I respect that Gregg funds this site out of his own pocket, I don't want to see adds here, or on any other website or forum that I visit.

Now, there are a few forums that I partake on that offer a paid membership, or premium membership's if you will, not sure if this forum software is able to do that.

Yes, we have to take the good with the bad, but there are many times that those adds contain virus's and stuff that you don't want on your computer, not circling the black helicopters(Danno), just pointing out a fact, and I am not saying that the adds that are posted on this site contain any virus's , but a lot are known to , so why I respect that Gregg funds this site out of his own pocket, I don't want to see adds here, or on any other website or forum that I visit.

Now, there are a few forums that I partake on that offer a paid membership, or premium membership's if you will, not sure if this forum software is able to do that.

I agree with you on that and you wasn't even talking to me.

If I'm not mistaken, the ad-hosting service itself is clean . . . the only problem you risk is IF you click on the ad to 'see more' . . . some of those (especially the ones with the biggest boobs) are viruses looking for a place to happen. No clickee, no trickee.

But I could be mistaken. I thought I was mistaken once, but it turns out I was wrong about that.

If I'm not mistaken, the ad-hosting service itself is clean . . . the only problem you risk is IF you click on the ad to 'see more' . . . some of those (especially the ones with the biggest boobs) are viruses looking for a place to happen. No clickee, no trickee.

But I could be mistaken. I thought I was mistaken once, but it turns out I was wrong about that.

I do believe that you are right about the ad hosting service it's self is clean, but I believe that virus's can still get attached to ads somehow, again, I could be wrong, but I do know that pop up ads are some of the biggest carrier's of viruses.

I do believe that you are right about the ad hosting service it's self is clean, but I believe that virus's can still get attached to ads somehow, again, I could be wrong, but I do know that pop up ads are some of the biggest carrier's of viruses.

I think viruses are mostly a problem w/ IE and Windows. I try and stick w/ Firefox, Sea Monkey or Chrome on a Mac..

Edited by Rob Hall

I think it's mostly a problem w/ IE and Windows. I try and stick w/ Firefox, Sea Monkey or Chrome on a Mac..

Well for me its a problem as I am using Windows and I think most everyone else here, minus a few guys that are on a Mac, thank goodness for programs like Ad Block Plus :D

Macs have no cons. All pros. Believe me. I've been using a Mac since the late '80s.

A few cons are they tend to be heavy, get hot (aluminum body transfers heat), can't change the battery easily in the newer models, and the aluminium body will dent when dropped (but that's also a plus compared to a Windows laptop that will crack)....but I've used Mac Book Pros at home and for work for several years now, very happy with them overall..

Edited by Rob Hall

I would say the higher price tag over Windows computers is a con, for me it is

You get what you pay for... :D

A few cons are they tend to be heavy, get hot (aluminum body transfers heat), can't change the battery easily in the newer models, and the aluminium body will dent when dropped (but that's also a plus compared to a Windows laptop that will crack)....but I've used Mac Book Pros at home and for work for several years now, very happy with them overall..

Well, you're talking laptop. I do the mag on a desktop.

You get what you pay for... :D

Well, you're talking laptop. I do the mag on a desktop.

Yeah...I don't do desktops..haven't had a desktop anything in 7 years...as a software consultant, I need portablity.

Edited by Rob Hall

Yeah...I don't do desktops..haven't had a desktop anything in 7 years...as a consultant, I need portablity.

Yep, I get that. But for me... I do what I do from the house, so a laptop isn't necessary.

Ironically enough, the laptop I own is a PC! :o