Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Ford Torino Coupe

Mj-Styro

Thank you so much everyone! the comments were nice to read!!!

yes alot of work went into this, like the 1/4 windows with the rubber seal painted on, went all out on it.

to answer a question or two

1: Yes this is a motor city resin

2: yes the johan parts fit it very well!!! like they was meant too...........

The engine is out of the 1979 Ford bronco 351m400 and that is what i was looking for........ infact i just sent it ou tto be casted as i have a few project i need it for..........

Mj

That's a really sharp looking Torino Michael! Being a coupe makes it a little more special. You mentioned that you used the chassis from the JoHan stock car kit. Is it a detailed chassis or is everything molded in? I have a '72 promo that I would like to put a detailed chassis under.

Roger,

the stockcar chassis is alittle nicer altho not stock with some effort tho it wont be to bad, i used the stock car trailing arms and the rear end from a 1966 Fairlane kit AMT.......have to do some trimming on the cross member... will post acouple more pics after bit............

Mj

Nice looking car. You did a superb job on it. Was this the same model as Starsky's, or was his more like a 76? I'd love to build one like that.

His was a 1975/6 torino elite another awesome car, i started to do years ago but body was warped pretty bad and gave up on it, wished i still had it bet i could have fixed it now :(

Mj

I have this constantly taking up double parking space around the area of my apt building, what exactly is this? it doesn't have any badges but ford cant figure out if its a ford elite or ford torino... or even year i think maybe 1976?post-10452-0-32169700-1361854119_thumb.j

I have this constantly taking up double parking space around the area of my apt building, what exactly is this? it doesn't have any badges but ford cant figure out if its a ford elite or ford torino... or even year i think maybe 1976?attachicon.gifPhoto0021.jpg

Elite...the Elite was basically a Cougar body w/ single headlights and different grille.