Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Holy Grail" Models?

Peugeot 905

rare5.jpg

what is the blue GTP above the 956? :D I'll take any of those Porsche kits or the GTP cars considering you only have about 3 of each! :lol: I love that 905! :D Well, I'm guessing, wildly, that you like Porsches?

AMT Subaru Brat* (new AMT please reissue this one)

AMT VW Scirroco (and this one AMT)

AMT VW Rabbit (and this one AMT)

Whoa whoa whoa......... :blink:

SWEET! :o

what is the blue GTP above the 956? :blink: I'll take any of those Porsche kits or the GTP cars considering you only have about 3 of each! :angry: I love that 905! :blink: Well, I'm guessing, wildly, that you like Porsches?

Whoa whoa whoa......... :blink:

SWEET! :lol:

Yeah, I am Porsche guy first. Ferrari second, GTP 3rd. :o

The blue one is Hasegawa's Omron 962, but I have 3 or 4 different Tamiya 956s. You don't see too many 905s around.

I have some other cool stuff you'd like.

1 Toyota GT1

1 Toyota 84C

1 Toyota 88C

1 Jaguar LM 8

1 Jaguar LM 9

2 Sauber Merc C9

2 Mazda 787B

2 Nissan 89V

1 Nissan 90V

Too many Porsches to list 63 different ones 27 different Ferraris 5 Lambos.

I am getting pretty well stocked up on Ferraris too.

It took a long time to collect all these kits up and have every intent on building them. :blink:

I have a few I would love to find (again) that I built as a youth but unless they re-issue them or they were rebuildable bombs, I would probably never build the vintage kit.

The few I have are

Gunze High Detail Cobra Daytona. This one is still in it's little bits of vinyl, brass, pewter, stainless steel and plastic.

Pantera (the Japanese Cannonball one with the opening doors, electric motor and working lights) Built in White with tan/black interior.

68 Ford Torino Formal (resin body). Still a kit.

Cougar II (re-pop). Kit, still.

I would love to find a GT40 from Those Famous Fords series but would like the re-issue or a bomb so I could build it.

I have a few I would love to find (again) that I built as a youth but unless they re-issue them or they were rebuildable bombs, I would probably never build the vintage kit.

The few I have are

Gunze High Detail Cobra Daytona. This one is still in it's little bits of vinyl, brass, pewter, stainless steel and plastic.

Pantera (the Japanese Cannonball one with the opening doors, electric motor and working lights) Built in White with tan/black interior.

68 Ford Torino Formal (resin body). Still a kit.

Cougar II (re-pop). Kit, still.

I would love to find a GT40 from Those Famous Fords series but would like the re-issue or a bomb so I could build it.

Oh yeah, I have a Mk II I would like a Mk IV

Oh yeah, I have a Mk II I would like a Mk IV

Randy in Minnisota, would you be so kind and tell me where you found the A M T North American Van line kit? The reason I ask is simple, I once had one when it came out in 1965. Hurricane Agness came through Richmond Virginia in 1972. I was living right in the path of the James river then. Uh for you "Hitorical' folks it was down the street from Edgar Allen Poe's house and not too far from where ships laden with tobacco would shove off for England. Needless to say, my entire collection was swept down the river in the flood, never to be seen again.

Randy in Minnisota, would you be so kind and tell me where you found the A M T North American Van line kit? The reason I ask is simple, I once had one when it came out in 1965. Hurricane Agness came through Richmond Virginia in 1972. I was living right in the path of the James river then. Uh for you "Hitorical' folks it was down the street from Edgar Allen Poe's house and not too far from where ships laden with tobacco would shove off for England. Needless to say, my entire collection was swept down the river in the flood, never to be seen again.

:angry: okay I will replay anyway.

There is one on Ebay ends in 5 days. Looks like a restoration job and not a new kit.

my holy grails tend to change as I discover kits that I hadn't heard of previously the latest is the amt dirt hauler but mostly I like discovering stuff I never heard of before recently I found a custom hard top by a company called monte'. early sixties radical cutoms aren't my usual fare but since I have the top I'll give it a go .vintage.jpg

You got a lot of what I want like the 66 Packard, Toyota 2000, Porsche 914, TR8 Rallye. I already have much of what you have like the Pyro Triumph GT6+, Bearcat, Thomas Flyer, 300 SL

Mine are '60's - mid 70's Prototype Road and Endurance Raceers. Back when there were few Team Drivers and lots of "Hired Guns". Drivers that in one Season would be seen at F-1, TransAm, CanAm, 24 Hour Daytona and LeMans with maybe a couple of other Races just to keep from getting bored (actually the pay wasn't what it is today and the more one raced the more they made!).

Crazy Ed

http://public.fotki.com/CrazyEd/work-area/prototypes.html

Like many older modelers finding models that I built in my youth is always exciting although I'm usually disappointed by their poor quality if I find them. I hunt them more for the enjoyment of being able to look at them again rather then a desire to build them so I'm not that interested in paying collector prices.

As for holy grails? Any old Corvette kit that I don't already have is on that list and there are still a few of the AMT/mpc ones from the '60's that I don't have. Some of the old resin kits are the real treasures to find and I cursed Izzy a couple of years back when he told me he'd gotten the Aardvark resin for the Corvette SS. (LOL) He returned the the curse last year when I scored a restorable Scuderia Scale Stingray Racer which has been high on both our holy grail lists.

I find that the hunt for these old treasures is the most satisfying aspect and when I find one I'm often torn as to whether to build or keep, ya that makes me as much a collector as a builder.

We are living in one of the best of modelling times and I'm looking forward to reissued kits from Lindberg/Hawk and a reborn AMT to give me some of the kits from my youth.

Rob W

Tamiya 600SEL AMG - got one recently when they were reissued.

MPC 1970 GTO - found it a few years ago.

Johan '63 Olds Starfire - a buddy gave me a complete builtup that can be disassembled.

Monogram Corvette Street Machine - I found a sealed one on the 'bay last year for under $25.

There are probably more but those are the ones that come to mind.

With over 1,000 1/24-1/25 unbuilt car and heavy truck kits in the basement (I intend to build them all!--yah right) can I choose a favorite and one that I would like more of.....yep!!!

Mine is the Ford J Car. I love that body. The GT40s are next in a tie with the Shelby Daytona Coupe. Since the J Cars are rather hard to find complete or at a decent price, I am waiting to build my only one until I am really in the mood to tackle it. It will get built!!!! I do need another one or 2 or......as a matter of fact, I am watching one on ebay as I write this.

Edited by Robert Myers

Randy in Minnisota, would you be so kind and tell me where you found the A M T North American Van line kit? The reason I ask is simple, I once had one when it came out in 1965.
I found it on ebay I didn't even know that one existed I just got lucky.it is much easier to find than the dirt hauler because of the north american part I found 2 within a month but have still only seen the dirt hauler twice in a year.I paid abot 30.00 for mine .and thank you for narrowing down the date of manufacture nobody seemed to know exactly when these trucks came out . Edited by randx0

Coupe more grails.

Not the greatest kits but interesting in there own way.

Revell Tri Chevys with opening everything.

Revell Nomad with opening everything.

AMT 300 SL

JoHan Turbin

JoHan 500K Roadster and Limo

post-2972-1213859020_thumb.jpg

This Revell Germany 1/200 Bucket Wheel Excavator will be my ever lasting grail. I have no idea what RG was smoking when they decide to have this thing release... :blink:

Car wise it will be Tamiya 1/12 Tyrrell P34 six-wheeler. The 1/20 version is the kit that introduced me to modeling, and I will always have a soft-spot for this racer.

Cheers.

post-2972-1213859249_thumb.jpg

Grail ones that I own:

Tom Daniel's "Firecracker"

his "Red Baron"(currently building)

his "Bad Medicine"(currently building)

his "T'rantula"

his "Hangman"

"Fire truck #13"

soon to be restored "Trick T"

soon to be restored "Tijuana Taxi"

Ones I want:

All mint unbuilt

"Dragon Wagon"

"Tijuana Taxi"

"Dog catcher"

"Dragula" (Any issue)--which I am getting soon

Johan's hearse--be it Heavenly or otherwise!I don't have deep enough pockets for my wish list stated above!

Todd

Guest zebm1

Hmmmmm, some of my Fondle Kits.......hmmmmmm ;)

HellerJaguarXKE.jpg

HellerTalbotLago4LS.jpg

ProtarFerrari250GTO.jpg

and two I wish I could have afforded......

A Revival Ferrari F1-156....

RevivaFerrari156-2.jpg

and a Phoenix Chaparral....

Phoenixracecars-Chapparal1.jpg